Abuseable mechanic - Guildhouses

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Gods_Kill_People

Abuseable mechanic - Guildhouses

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:46 am

As it stands, guildhouses are entirely abusable, at least the one in Cordor. The design I find in flaw as when the player is evicted or exiled, there is NO mechanical way to force them out other then hope to gods they will hand it over, which at current stands as an issue. The main sign should be on the outside, not the inside. Or at least in the lobby. As it is right now, its entirely abusable.

Cortex

Re: Abuseable mechanic - Guildhouses

Post by Cortex » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:11 am

At first I thought this was going to be a cool thread detailing the problem in regards to the lack of incentive to use guildhouse quarters.

feels

bad
:)

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:26 am

Gods_Kill_People wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:46 am
As it stands, guildhouses are entirely abusable, at least the one in Cordor. The design I find in flaw as when the player is evicted or exiled, there is NO mechanical way to force them out other then hope to gods they will hand it over, which at current stands as an issue. The main sign should be on the outside, not the inside. Or at least in the lobby. As it is right now, its entirely abusable.
Purely a cordor issue, so far as I know. All the guildhouses in Andunor have the sign on the outside except the district houses, and those can be accessed by councilors(in the table) or the tyrant(in the sharps.)
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Maybe this should be quickly locked since this is going to jump into ic issues like the reason the person is forced to sell and how easily and quickly Cordor has been of late to force people to sell their property. But so you know the player is trying to sell the property. Believe it or not he has had few takers. The reason given people don't trust Cordor enough not to force a sale if you get one the cities bad side.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:25 pm

The Cordor Guildhouse is remarkably difficult to sell or really utilize, unless you're part of the current government asa loyalist - people only want it if you're on the good side of the person running Cordor, which is rarely a sureity for more than a month or two at a time. Couple that in with people's general desire to leave Cordor, and it's difficult to rent out the quarters inside it, as well.

I don't think the sign being on the inside is an issue. Cordor has the most resources of any settlement in the game to enforce the laws it puts down. You can also simply find a way to break the door down and go past it to get to the actual sign.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:45 pm

I like it how it is. It's a good way to play a corrupt businessperson or push back against a corrupt government, because with good locks it's very hard to touch you.
\