Any way to salvage this? Rogue3/Pally7/CoT20

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Opustus

Any way to salvage this? Rogue3/Pally7/CoT20

Post by Opustus » Fri May 10, 2019 4:04 pm

Here's the build in a nutshell

Rogue3/Pally7/CoT20
Rogue3/Pally7/CoT10 pre-epic

Half-orc (for style points)
STR16 -> 18
DEX8
CON10
INT10
WIS13 -> 14 from paladin level 7
CHA15 -> 17 -> 24+2 from Great cha

feats (14): PA, ambidex, exotic, divine might, divine shield, craft wand, wf, extra smiting, impcrit, blindfight, twf, itwf, kd, toughness

epic feats (6): great cha1, great cha2, ewf, great smiting1, great smiting2, greatsmiting3

Skills (78): Discipline33, Tumble15 (6 as cross-class = 18), UMD1, Heal24

My original idea with the character was to take WIS in order to make my own Aura of Glory wands, but now that they're Turns/CL, I fear it wouldn't be the best fiscal plan for a character that would struggle to solo high-level content. She was a beautiful meme but her flight was so short.
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

Tarkus the dog

Re: Any way to salvage this? Rogue3/Pally7/CoT20

Post by Tarkus the dog » Fri May 10, 2019 9:30 pm

I'd say that is beyond redemption, but these are the advices you can take in your other builds.

Starting rogue is better so that you can have more skill points, 4 rogue 6 paladin gives you same BAB as 3 rogue 7 paladin. Also, you need 8 paladin to cast aura of glory, and you really have no reason to take any wisdom if you're only going 7 paladin. Smiter builds need all smiter feats in order to work properly, and dual wielding won't do much for you in that regard.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Fri May 10, 2019 11:12 pm

You can enchant items with spell slots. This means a level 1 paladin can cast up to level 3 Paladin spells.

I agree with the rogue4/paladin6 split. I can see Great Smiting being useful even with just Great Smite III. Even with 26 cot+paladin levels thats 78 extra damage, that is a lot, and makes sense in a build that seems designed to dish out damage really fast. There aren't really that many other Epic feat alternatives.

The build remains mostly unchanged, it is just harder to gear.

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Mon May 13, 2019 10:24 am

I'm pretty sure I've seen a bonus paladin spell level 4 item somewhere. The idea was to manufacture wands of Holy sword, Deathward, and Freedom of movement with Paladin7 granting +1 base WIS.

I suppose one way to build her would be to go Rogue4 instead, start with Rogue, dump WIS, and forget about Craft wand. Though that would require a rebuild so hnghgh.

Thanks for your input.
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect