Pure Monk

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

VelsharranLichLord

Pure Monk

Post by VelsharranLichLord » Mon May 06, 2019 3:57 pm

So I recently returned to Arelith, and saw that Monk was updated. And I'd love to try my hands on a pure monk, but considering I haven't played NWN for ages, I'll need some help building.

Any suggestions? I'm considering self-concealment, but I'm not sure it's the heavy investment. What about improved SR?

VelsharranLichLord

Re: Pure Monk

Post by VelsharranLichLord » Mon May 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Is self-concealment even worth, when you have 3 minutes of Empty Body every 5 minutes? I assume they don't stack.

Astral

Re: Pure Monk

Post by Astral » Mon May 06, 2019 4:08 pm

I think self concealment is not very useful, considering Dust of Disappearance is a thing and Empty body is on cooldown.

For feats, you want blind fight, expertise, improved expertise, the 3 feats for two weapon fighting if you're after quarterstaff or duel wielding Katanas and I'd take feats like toughness. You can all your weapon related feats for free (except weapon focus unarmed) so you have a very big pool of feats you can use on many things. I strongly recommend taking Improved Spell Resistance 3 times to make yourself nearly immune to CL 27 mages, which is about all mages who dont take spell penetration. Other than that, the sky is the limit. you can also make it work as STR based and still have reasonable ac and epic dodge.
Currently playing: Seth Xylo