Worth it to take Discipline on Druid?

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

blksabbath74

Worth it to take Discipline on Druid?

Post by blksabbath74 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Is it worth it to get Discipline to 16 as a cross-skill for druids, or is that a complete waste...thanks...

liver and bones

Re: Worth it to take Discipline on Druid?

Post by liver and bones » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:35 pm

Consider that knockdown is AB vs discipline. Most melee builds at least have 40+ AB. So, 40 + 1d20 vs. 16 + 1d20 + STR mod.

It's pretty much a waste in my opinion. You need to truly invest heavily into discipline to make it worthwhile. That's why people usually pick up Epic Skill Focus for Discipline.

I see you made another thread highlighting you were going 30 druid. Make sure to crossclass tumble, at least.

Basementfellow

Post by Basementfellow » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 pm

It may still be worth cross-classing it, if only to avoid getting completely destroyed by a level 6 Fighter with IKD and nothing to lose.
Iceborn wrote:I shall very inefficiently murder with a spoon the next individual that mentions Shrek.

Sea Shanties

Post by Sea Shanties » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 am

If you have an abundance of points I think it's worth it. Just going by the math above that 16 is the difference between a guaranteed knockdown and a roughly 50/50 chance of withstanding if you're in Monolith Water Elemental shape. Not going to help against a dedicated weaponmaster but may vs lower levels, rogues and in PVE.

Tumble and maybe Parry (situationally great on an Air Elemental) would take priority though.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:19 am

Absolutely cross-train it to 16, cross train Tumble to 15. Also dip some points into Open lock and disable trap, Its a huge quality of life increase.
Howling around all year long