What are the stats for Monolithic Elemental Form?

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

blksabbath74

What are the stats for Monolithic Elemental Form?

Post by blksabbath74 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Just wanted them for comparison, can't find them.

Lady Astray

Re: What are the stats for Monolithic Elemental Form?

Post by Lady Astray » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:58 pm

http://wiki.arelith.com/Summons#Elementals

You can find stats for all the summons on this page.

blksabbath74

Post by blksabbath74 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:17 pm

Lady Astray wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:58 pm
http://wiki.arelith.com/Summons#Elementals

You can find stats for all the summons on this page.
Thank you.

So it appears that the +36 stats for Totem wildshape at 26 are better than Monolithic...

Which begs the question, why not go 27/3 or 26/4 with Monk and pick up Wis AC bonus, Discipline & Tumble?

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:42 pm

On phone so no elaborate answer but no, monolith is infinitely better.

Short version: immunities, special abilities and damage. Totems are tanky (tons of health and AC) but really lack offense

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:43 pm

For the Druid Forms

The Totem form has the highest STR/DEX/CON combined from each, but otherwise the Monolithic forms have higher or very similar in each of those

Air Monolith can hit around 60 Dexterity, gives Perma-Haste while in form and gets added sonic damage to its (Otherwise weak) attacks

Fire gets an insane amount of health, and a fire aura / Damage shield in exchange for relatively low AC and AB. And of course, it being fire damage

Water gets a solid amount of regen, immunity to Fire and 50% to Acid, and does a significant amount of damage on hit, split between physical and cold. And has really nice strength to boot, just a good all-rounder

Earth, personally I find the weakest of the bunch, despite it's Immunity to Knockdown effeect, the low AC and very high strength still feel like you just dont do enough damage, or can take enough in this form without EDR3

26/4 Druid/Monk is a nice combo for sure, netting far more attacks, but I prefer the versitility of the Monolith forms

You can find the Druid Monolith Forms here, as they are not the summoned Elementals

http://wiki.arelith.com/Druid#Elemental_Shapes

And as an addendum, - Totems really do lack offence, they can get nice AC and HP. But the lack of Discipline and any form of DR Pierce hurts a lot.

You'll only be doing around 23ish damage per hit at level 30 in your Totem Animal form. Even though you can hit 50 strength (Well, because of it)
Howling around all year long

blksabbath74

Post by blksabbath74 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Mythic wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:43 pm
For the Druid Forms

The Totem form has the highest STR/DEX/CON combined from each, but otherwise the Monolithic forms have higher or very similar in each of those

Air Monolith can hit around 60 Dexterity, gives Perma-Haste while in form and gets added sonic damage to its (Otherwise weak) attacks

Fire gets an insane amount of health, and a fire aura / Damage shield in exchange for relatively low AC and AB. And of course, it being fire damage

Water gets a solid amount of regen, immunity to Fire and 50% to Acid, and does a significant amount of damage on hit, split between physical and cold. And has really nice strength to boot, just a good all-rounder

Earth, personally I find the weakest of the bunch, despite it's Immunity to Knockdown effeect, the low AC and very high strength still feel like you just dont do enough damage, or can take enough in this form without EDR3

26/4 Druid/Monk is a nice combo for sure, netting far more attacks, but I prefer the versitility of the Monolith forms

You can find the Druid Monolith Forms here, as they are not the summoned Elementals

http://wiki.arelith.com/Druid#Elemental_Shapes

And as an addendum, - Totems really do lack offence, they can get nice AC and HP. But the lack of Discipline and any form of DR Pierce hurts a lot.

You'll only be doing around 23ish damage per hit at level 30 in your Totem Animal form. Even though you can hit 50 strength (Well, because of it)
Awesome, thank you...you just saved me from having to delete and remake my character...

Was going pure druid, will continue...

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:26 pm

blksabbath74 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Awesome, thank you...you just saved me from having to delete and remake my character...

No worries, If you have any druid questions feel free to PM me too.

Pure Druid is great, not without its flaws (No Arcane Haste wands for one) But you can get around all the weaknesses in a Druid with smart play / gearing!
Howling around all year long

blksabbath74

Post by blksabbath74 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:33 pm

Mythic wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:26 pm
blksabbath74 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:51 pm

No worries, If you have any druid questions feel free to PM me too.

Pure Druid is great, not without its flaws (No Arcane Haste wands for one) But you can get around all the weaknesses in a Druid with smart play / gearing!
Who needs arcane haste when you can go Air Elemental, right?

So it is worth it to pick up Discipline 15? I have tons of Skill Points (Rat Totem, Int 20).