Questions about Halfling Druid Build

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

blksabbath74

Questions about Halfling Druid Build

Post by blksabbath74 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:17 pm

I botched this build the first time around and want to get it right.

I assume using the cookie cutter druid as a basis is a good start?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_gf ... obilebasic

I honestly don't understand much about the how and why of the meta magic feats.

I am looking for a halfling druid who will primarily summon companions and then Wildshape.

I had initially started Monk 3/Druid 27 build but was told that was a bad idea.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Oshido

Re: Questions about Halfling Druid Build

Post by Oshido » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:58 pm

I have played a lot of druids and settled on a bit of an unorthodox build.
Basically I take conjugation, greater conj., evocation and greater evo, blind fight expertise and improved expertise, extend spell pre epic.
pure druid gives 6 epic feats. I take greater ruin, Dragon knight, epic spell focus evo and con., leaving two feats for whatever you want.

Basically I take the evocation because I can pick up hellball for free at a secret in game spot. Giving me the ability to cast greater ruin hellball combo while in monolithic elemental form. Druids also get a few useful evo spells on top of that. Pump everything into wisdom for good spell dc, and get 18 int. after gift for plenty of skills. Many of which(disable trap and lock pick) hit very functional numbers when shifted. I always solo and this thing is a beast for that. If you play it right it can win at PvP as well. Never had another toon that could solo like this thing.
I go human so halfling would give up one pre epic feat.
:evil:

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:01 pm

As a halfling you will have trouble qualifying for EDR without gimping your wis or int.

You can make drood work just fine but if you go halfling you might want to settle for a wis based caster druid or sacrifice monolith shapes for a disc dump (bard or ranger comes to mind ... or monk if it makes sense for your rp concept)

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:19 pm

find mythic ( meriam fuzzypaw ig) for a hin druid build that has monolithic and dragonshape and is totem as well
Yes I can sign

Sea Shanties

Post by Sea Shanties » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:13 pm

You can actually make a gnome druid who'd get both EDR and dragonshape (but no totem) pretty easily, as they have +2 CON. (Dwarves as well, just said gnome because you asked about halflings.)