Half-Orc / Barbarian

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Hot Tamale

Half-Orc / Barbarian

Post by Hot Tamale » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:18 am

Race: Half-Orc (Base)
Statistic Modifier: +2 Str / -2 Int / -2 Cha
Special Abilities: Darkvision, Power Attack / Ambidexterity (Given Feats), +5 Intimidate, 5% Physical Damage Immunity.
Class: Barbarian / Rogue (?)

Background: Outcast

Gifts:
Gift One: Gift of Endurance (+2 Con) (+1 ECL)
Gift Two: Gift of Hardiness (5% damage Immunity to Fire, Cold, Electric, and Acid). (+0.5 ECL)
Gift Three: Gift of Craftsmanship (Daily Crafting Points +10, Tradeskills +10) (+1 ECL)

Weapon of Choice (W.O.C): Dire Mace (Endgame: Orcish Blood Mace)
Weapon of Choice (Orcish Blood Mace):
Blood Frenzy spell (Unlimited uses/day)
Damage Bonus vs Dwarf 4 Negative
Enhancement Bonus +4
Massive Criticals 2d4
Runic
Race restriction: Any orcish
UMD Requirement: 50

DESIRED:

Feats: Weapon Focus / Improved Critical / Epic Weapon Focus: Dire Mace, Terrifying Rage, Thundering Rage, and Mighty Rage (However is fine with whichever Rage is the best of the three). Epic Damage Reduction (?).

Skills (Desired): Discipline, Intimidate, Tumble, UMD, Listen and Craft Weapon. (However can settle for less).

CONCEPT:

The idea behind this Half-Orc is to, in general, have a decent Barbarian to start off as my first character on Arelith. I feel like it's a simple class to get to know the server.

It is my hopes I can get a more defensive build with decent offensive whom can craft either Weapons or Armor honestly. Half-Orc gets 5% Immunity to Physical Damage. Tag that with the Gift of Hardiness and the Barbarian DR / EDR. I feel like this could be a decent defensive Barbarian. Truthfully though I'm still reading the forums to figure which feats best fit. So I gave a general draft of what is desired. I'm willing to change my Gifts to try and fit in all Rages. But if say Mighty Rage isn't worth it then I can skip its requirements.

Thanks for the help!

Jagel

Re: Half-Orc / Barbarian

Post by Jagel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:51 am

Did you check the stats of the class here? http://wiki.arelith.com/Barbarian

Barbarian is not really a defensive class though I can see why you get the idea with DR/DI. They usually aim to slay every opponent while rage lasts (and preferably while temp hp lasts). Especially if you're going for a double weapon (i.e. no shield).

You should be able to excel at one of the crafting skills and be decent with the other if you go for gift of the craftsman.

Hot Tamale

Post by Hot Tamale » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:04 pm

Hey,

To modify my build I've looked over some Feat requirements from the Wiki. I hope they're still accurate?

Thundering Rage (Req): 21 Strength / SL 31
Terrifying Rage: Epic Skill Focus: Intimidate, SL 31

Also,

Is it possible to go say, Barbarian 28 / Rogue 2? Or if I'm to do a second class I'd have to do Barbarian 27 / Rogue 3.

Freyason

Post by Freyason » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:17 pm

i would take gift of STR, not hardiness

And yes, in every class you need minimum of 3 levels.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:08 am

yes hardiness is a misleading gift

for example every 20 points of damage you take you avoid 1, so its far from worth it. Made the mistake once for a RP aspect and never took the char past level 3
Yes I can sign