Considering a Change to Late Levels

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Maladus

Considering a Change to Late Levels

Post by Maladus » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:28 pm

I posted this last night in Discord and had one response about it and then I think it got lost in all of the other discussion happening there so I am posting it here to get more opinions.

So I'm currently playing a Necromancer that I just hit level 17 on last night. My final build plan puts me at Wiz 23/PM 4/Bard 3 and I will start taking the PM levels at 19 as in the image that follows:

What I am considering is shuffling around when I take PM levels so that I can race straight to 21 with Wizard to get Mummy Dust sooner as follows:

So basically I would be losing an Epic Feat which in this case I would lose ESF: Abjuration and it would be replaced by a non-epic bonus Wizard Feat. I already have Extend, Maximize, Craft Wand and the prerequisite SF feats to qualify for the ESF in the various schools I have shown. I'm mostly interested in knowing if it's worth sacrificing the additional +2 to Dispelling Rolls and -ward/-ward_teleport to get Mummy Dust sooner in the build path. Additionally, which bonus feat would you take at level 20 in the alternate version of the build?

Maladus

Re: Considering a Change to Late Levels

Post by Maladus » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:49 am

Disregard, I’ve made my decision. This thread can be locked.