New player Druid build question

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Princess

New player Druid build question

Post by Princess » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:34 am

Hi, I am quite new and my first character is a druid, a druid/monk totem multi class build.
But I read that the better build is just to go pure druid since the nerfs to this build, it is..to late for me to go back now and will lose so much time.
Is druid/monk useless or not good anymore? Or is it still a decent build?
Thank you! :)

Miskol
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: New player Druid build question

Post by Miskol » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:42 am

When compared against the pure druid, monk/druid isn't as good. In general monk/druid just doesn't have the offensive power that pure druids have without their summons. Monk/druid is still very good defensively, but without your elementals/swarm, you will have a really bad time trying to kill anything. By no means is monk/druid a "useless" build. My own monk/druid can sit at around 85 AC buffed and in IE, with about 850 hp and mid 30s to low 40s saves vs spells in his animal form. The downer comes in offense, where at best he can reach 37-38 AB, and damage is even worse at around 18-25 or so. Basically to go do any dungeons, he would have to have his swarm out, or take about 10 years to finish.

Edit: Just did some buffs and took a screen shot. What you see there is level 30 with barkskin, aura of vitality, bulls strength, and owl's insight. Improved expertise mode activated.