Spell swords

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Nymann

Spell swords

Post by Nymann » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:52 am

Hello Arelith!

Got a question about spellswords, and if its the entire thing I do think it would be wise to change it on the wiki as it has confused some I just want it clarified..

It says following on wiki:
"Spellswords lose access to:

One spell school of their choice...
All summoning spells and abilities (the only exception being the wizard familiar)"

However is that only from casted spells or does scrolls work, because the notes look like this for summoning only:

"Their summoning restriction is absolute. All spells and abilities means all of them, even abilities that are not strictly summoning, like the druid's animal companion, the shadowdancer's shadow, or Mordenkainen's Sword spell. They are prevented from using these spells even from scrolls and other sources. Domination and charm abilities, however, work normally."

Does every scroll wand e.t.c include in this? If so can it be updated, because some friends I´ve tried bringing to the server read it as its only Summoning that is entirely restricted...

Second question... Since it referes to the spell Shade" as being lvl 6 spell, does this mean we are permitted to use it? Even when it can make a shadow as one of the random things.

Best regards
Veigal

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Spell swords

Post by The Rambling Midget » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 am

We can correct or clarify misinformation on the wiki, but someone has to test the features first, to verify how mechanics work.

If you test these things and let us know whether or not they work as you expected, we'll make the necessary changes.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Nymann

Re: Spell swords

Post by Nymann » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Shade works as intended, will test rest later.