Monk-

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Annakist

Monk-

Post by Annakist » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:09 pm

Looking around i see Monk has been downgraded as the stun fists are lessened...

But does that mean the Monk/SD/Rogue or the Monk/Rogue are trash? (unarmed)

I used to play a Monk and it was a stand in Assassin and could actually do it. Is this still possible?

Id be interested to hear build opinions and advise on such... I enjoy monks very much but my last attempt seemed "lack luster"

The 20/10 build has minimum to zero offense
Possibly- 20/5/5- Monk-rogue-fighter?

Thanks for the help and imput. :roll:

msterswrdsmn

Re: Monk-

Post by msterswrdsmn » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Something like a monk/assassin could work well. Darkness has a 2 minute cooldown instead of a 1 use/day, so with heavy assassin levels, you could easily rush in with monk speed, pop darkness, then melee everything to death inside the darkness cloud. Blinding speed on top of all this as an added bonus.

TroubledWaters

Post by TroubledWaters » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Then you would be a dex monk and do basically zero damage.

Most monk threads end in "pick a different class", unfortunately.

Astral

Post by Astral » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:56 am

I'm still biased towards the 20/10 even with the bad offensive capabilities considered. Since I dont see people solo anymore and since dungeons are less and less designed for soloing, I dont see a reason why this build would be hard to level. for me personally, this build is like a built-in subdual mode. you cannot be killed and it takes you ages to kill anything. Gives you time to emote things, use your UMD, turn the battle long and chaotic, etc etc. One of my favourites.

And as for the stunning fist. I dont see any mention of this turned to CDs instead of uses/day so I dont know. It would kinda suck if it's true since the whole point is to spam them as against mages as you exit stealth.
Currently playing: Seth Xylo

TroubledWaters

Post by TroubledWaters » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:01 pm

Astral wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:56 am
And as for the stunning fist. I dont see any mention of this turned to CDs instead of uses/day so I dont know. It would kinda suck if it's true since the whole point is to spam them as against mages as you exit stealth.
EE changed the stun from three rounds to one. It's pretty useless now.