Templates and Essences.

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Saleph

Templates and Essences.

Post by Saleph » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:56 pm

So, Ive bought a Stable Template for my Archer.
Alas, its stable slots are already filled with a +4 and a +2 stable essence. Now my question:

Is there a way to change the +2? Got a nice divine +4...and id would be a hassle to craft a new one.

Thanks for the help!
Cheers
- Saleph

Fionn

Re: Templates and Essences.

Post by Fionn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:00 pm

My understanding is that the next Permanent will replace the first. I presume that would be the #1 slot, so if that +2 is in the #3 it's going to cost you 3 essences :(
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Templates and Essences.

Post by The Kriv » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Saleph wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:56 pm
So, Ive bought a Stable Template for my Archer.
Alas, its stable slots are already filled with a +4 and a +2 stable essence. Now my question:

Is there a way to change the +2? Got a nice divine +4...and id would be a hassle to craft a new one.

Thanks for the help!
Cheers
- Saleph
right, as stated, the essences replace them in the order of First-In, First-Out.

So, you fill SLOT #1, then SLOT #2, when full, the next essence will replace (or refill) Slot #1... sadly you don't get to choose (Yet! ... *wink-wink-dev-team*)

I recommend just cranking out as many arrows as that template with the +4/+2 essences can make, and get your template good and empty... and then go shopping for a 2nd +4 essence and apply them both at the same time so you can maximize the number of arrows you can crank out of them.

Nothing annoys me (as an archer-player) more than templates with essences that have charges not in multiples of 5. GRRRR! So aggrrrrrrrivating! *shakes fists!*

On a side note... with everyone and their brother's familiar using arrow-templates and consuming both stable and unstable essences, you'd think this greater demand for essences would drive the prices down on those permanent essences due as the market rises to meet the higher demand... but nooooo...
*opens his coin purse to let the moths out*
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen