AC Question

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

legionetrangere

Re: AC Question

Post by legionetrangere » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:56 pm

becherak wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:27 pm
I'll post a character sheeth screenshot here later, :) When it's lvl 30.

Droold with 3 monk lvls. Not sure how the items stack on arelith though. Think that's pretty much the highest ac possible. Not in dragon shape though as they got nerfed for that. You just get way too high wisdom and dex. Maybe I'm wrong though, I hardly ever do the math before rolling with it, just counted that out of my head.

Edit: I just double checked the math.
10 base ac
+20 from having 50 dex (30)
+15 from having 40 wisdom (45)
+6 from having 30 tumble (51)
+20 dodge ac (71) you actually get more than +20 but it's capped at 20
+2 armor skin
73 AC no expertise, no shield of faith no armor bonus, no magic vestment no haste, no bardsong no barkskin

To get 50 dex and 40 wisdom I will need to cast 3 spells that last multiple RL hours. Sorry for the confusion but I don't considet those buffs, since I will always have that on as it gives no visual effects, and doesn't cost anything but 1% of piety I think.

Once I get to 30 (which is rather easy to do on that character, just takes some time) I will post screens somewhere. As I said I don't really do any hardcore math. I don't think this can break 100 ac, but will see. It all comes down to how the ac stacks and if you actually use your gear ac in shapes. I always thougth some sort of charisma pm with divine shield could break 100. But there's no point since you can't get ab to hit that. I think 80 is pretty much untouchable, PM actually need higher AC than all others since they get countered by smite evil, which gets more AB and dmg.
Can you share the secret on how to get both 50 dex and 40 wis?
I doubt thats even remotely possible
PayadorPerseguido

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:59 pm

I’m guessing they are using stats from totem shape. If so it’s possible to reach numbers like that: 38 dex + 12 soft (might not be easy to get the +12 reliably), 30 wis + 12 soft (aka owl’s insight).

becherak

Post by becherak » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:59 pm

At lvl 28 the druid is running around with 80 ac with just self buffs. Can't figure out how to post pics here.

No expertise, didn't even take it. It would be handy when flat footed, but otherwise no need imho.