Disarm

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DreadArtemis

Disarm

Post by DreadArtemis » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:33 am

Was considering picking this up on my rogue ( I already have knockdown). Does this actually disarm NPC's? If so, do they just punch you for the remainder? I'm very curious how this actually operates.
Not super concerned about PVP, but how does that work as well?
Thanks!

msterswrdsmn

Re: Disarm

Post by msterswrdsmn » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:08 am

There are a few enemies that disarm can work against. You'd have to experiment on what it does/doesn't work on.

Enemies you can disarm? If you're successful, they'll just punch you. Super handy against some dangerous weapons-based enemies like the wharftown boy leader.

Most enemies you can't disarm though. And i'd only pick disarm if you're using a large weapon.

For PVP? It can ruin some builds like weaponmasters or arcane archers if done properly. BUT. Most players have backup weapons, and focus quite a bit in discipilne. So you'll have to get some pretty good rolls to do more than mildly inconvinence someone.

garrbear758

Re: Disarm

Post by garrbear758 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Improved disarm is a must have for large weapons. The penalty is -4, and the bonus is +4 per difference in weapon size. Therefore, a large weapon has no penalty against a medium weapon, and a +4 ab against small weapons, allowing you to effectively spam disarm for free.

If you're using anything other than a large weapon, knockdown is better.
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted