Toolset issues...

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Vrass

Toolset issues...

Post by Vrass » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:19 pm

So this is more a technical question. I like messing with the toolkit and making custom content which can hopefully be added to the server at some point. However even though i have the CEP and Arelith content files none of them are available in the toolset. They show up IG but the toolset only ever has the basic vanilla stuff. How does one get these extra files and tilesets to be usuable?

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Toolset issues...

Post by Anatida » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Edit/Module Properties/Custom Content

Select the haks you want to add in the drop down menu and click the "add" button. You may have to save, close and reopen the toolset for changes to take effect.

As a beginner you should avoid using multiple haks at one time until you learn how to assess for any conflicts.

Have fun!

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:26 pm

Tried that no haks show up at all... its as if there is nothing in the hak folder even though it is full? Ill try it one more time later tonight.

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Beamdog uses a weird file structure.

Wherever your "documents" library is located is the folder where EE will look for custom content.

For instance, I use Windows 10. When I first installed all of the stuff was on OneDrive.

Try this:

- Open a new Windows Explorer window (I'm assuming you use windows, if not, someone else will have to help!)
- Under libraries (or Quick Access) click on the one named "Documents".
- Browse to the Neverwinter Nights/haks folder. This is where the haks should be to be seen by the toolset.

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Ah i use steam but i will give it a try none the less... ty. :)