Garbage Salvage

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

One Two Three Five

Garbage Salvage

Post by One Two Three Five » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:27 am

I found, buried in my seven million logins, the weirdest thing I've ever made. It's level two. It has this stat spread:

And it's.. a weavemaster. I don't remember why. I don't remember what I thought I was doing. Any of yall got some manner of suggestion? It's LE, if that matters.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Garbage Salvage

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:29 am

16Weavemaster/10RDD/4Blackguard with still spell?

Not really sure what else you'd do with stats like that... maybe some sort of PM/BG combo with still spell and heavy armor so you can spam damage spells while immune to crits. Maybe.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:32 pm

I suspect the weave master is there just to spam a few basic buff spells. Hsve death armor constantly on for example can be a lot fun. Its clearly supposed to be a melee character. I guess you didnt want to be a barbarian (shame) could be a banite character.

You could try doing a modified bard palemaster build or a straight up two hand (scythr?) weapon master glass cannon with damage splash back with your constant death armor?. You can also spam haste. Etc.

*edit*

I am assuming this is human.
Currently played characters:
Have not played for over a year, thinking of returning again

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:45 pm

Aelryn Bloodmoon wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:29 am
16Weavemaster/10RDD/4Blackguard with still spell?

Not really sure what else you'd do with stats like that... maybe some sort of PM/BG combo with still spell and heavy armor so you can spam damage spells while immune to crits. Maybe.
He has 14 int

Plans on using Combat expertise. And 18 str is a waste for spamming spells for damage.

I can only conclude your 14 cha means you planned on casting 3\4th lvl spells at most (13 cha is just awkward). This was probably before you were aware of dispel bait. But that not end of the world. Not everyone is going to be always spam dispel and you can always cast haste right after to run away etc.

True strike can also be spammed.

With minimum lvls in weavemaster (6 for 3rd lvl spells. Or less if wanting true strike) you only lose up to 3 ab and get unlimited true strike to easily knock people down!

Also brew potion only goes up to third level spells, so get to brew all the hot conmodity potions:

True strike, self buffs like haste and bull strength, mage armor, etc.

*edit*

It should be noted that truestrike has no somatic component.

Shield can be a fun potion to sell and use when one is wants to break meta with a two handed weapon.

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:36 pm

The only thing I can think of is "Palemaster with infinite mage armor/haste/imp invis". 14 INT is enough for imp expertise, but not nearly enough to do any sort of serious spellcasting beyond low level buffing.

14 CHA also suggests blackguard.

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:39 pm

msterswrdsmn wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:36 pm
The only thing I can think of is "Palemaster with infinite mage armor/haste/imp invis". 14 INT is enough for imp expertise, but not nearly enough to do any sort of serious spellcasting beyond low level buffing.

14 CHA also suggests blackguard.
Weave master is a sorceror and cha based, is it not? Needed the cha for spells

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:39 pm

Possibly! But with the other stats (high STR and CON) a token number of BG levels seems viable as well. Whether that was the intent or not, I've got no idea.

The Greater Good

Post by The Greater Good » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 pm

BG levels sound right, but gosh if I can figure out the spread. Won't work with the dispels we have now anyway.
Monte Cook wrote:The idea here is that the game just gives the rules, and players figure out the ins and outs for themselves -- players are rewarded for achieving mastery of the rules and making good choices rather than poor ones.

Regionals

Post by Regionals » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:07 am

I'd go with it as a strength based Sharran monk.. 6-8 Weavemaster levels means endless true strike and darkness and haste. Blackguard would be easy to dip as well, or rogue or assassin or fighter..

It'd be a mix of awesome and terrible but worth trying. Dispels would be annoying but just run and re-cast.

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 pm

Ooh, Regionals' idea is awesomesauce. Monk6/Weavemaster8/BG16, omnom?
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:44 pm

Opustus wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 pm
Ooh, Regionals' idea is awesomesauce. Monk6/Weavemaster8/BG16, omnom?
Would save on feats with improved knock down (i assuming with truestrike you are going to want to do that). Strength based is harder to equip though. Since things like enchanted silk shirt do plus dex, its easier to get it maxed with enchanted items and not worry about having that buff dispelled for ab purposes (and you have more respectable ac which helps a lot if they have IE on). You can still cast bull strength and blackgaurd bull strength to add additional damage. But truestrike knockdown plus cooldown summons and ability to run away and have haste etc (can caste haste on summon too) and sneak damage should be enough tools in the box and dps.

Can even have one offense spell to spam and kyte with if its one of those 70 ac 80 discipline. melee opponents. Having haste will allow more spam if they try out healing your weaker spells. Again, epic fiend on cooldown.