paly/fighter/champion build

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

kainshots

paly/fighter/champion build

Post by kainshots » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:27 am

I've been following the cookie cutter build 5/5/20 paly/fighter/champion and I'm really liking it so far. A question has come up though about it, in that at level 9 it only lists 1 feat to take, Knockdown, when infact you get 2 feats at that level since it's the level 2 of CoT and level 9. So far I just took the improved crit and moved all the other feats up but that'll end up leaving me with an extra feat at the end. So I guess my question is what feat should I take?

Btw I'm a halfling, and focused on shortsword instead of the exotic so i'm still feat even with the build.

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: paly/fighter/champion build

Post by Kenji » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:04 am

You can consider taking Mounted Combat and 15 ranks of Ride to work in tandem with 15 CC Tumble :mrgreen:

I think you can also go 6 ftr / 4 pally / 20 CoT if you have need of another feat, not that it matters that much since there are plenty of feats available already.

kainshots

Re: paly/fighter/champion build

Post by kainshots » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:53 am

that's a good idea but as a halfling I'm already struggling to make sure I can get tumble as it is, I dont have the extra skill points for ride. poor small folk and our lack of skill points :(