Been playing a Bard paladin....

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

DreadArtemis

Been playing a Bard paladin....

Post by DreadArtemis » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Hello there so far I have been having a blast.

I looked on the Wiki and It said I can craft some magical instruments with Carpentry. I have levels in bard as well as a decent amount in carpentry and have not seen the options for instruments in there. There is a decent amount of bardic harps/lyres/ etc I wanted to eventually craft but I cant even see them on the screen. Were these removed? Or do I need more bard levels to even look at them? Currently a 4th level bard/3rd level paladin.

Thanks again! I have settled in on this one and have met some great people and loving the character so far!

The_Queen~s_Rebuke

Re: Been playing a Bard paladin....

Post by The_Queen~s_Rebuke » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:08 pm

Heya! In the Carpentry section, there should be a section called 'Instruments', where all of the harps and mandolins and other bard stuff was moved.
hållö hållö wəlcöme to mý cæv

DreadArtemis

Post by DreadArtemis » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:16 pm

I looked in the carpentry section on the wiki and saw them there. Upon opening a workstation in game no options for instruments at a carpentry workstation show up. I saw that the crafter must be a bard (which I am). I just didnt know if the instruments were gated behind a particular level of bard. Was just seeing when I could access crafting them.

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:24 pm

I just went to a carpentry workstation and checked this. I'm seeing nine instruments listed under instruments. The ones with a specific requirement have a class requirement message listed in blue.

DreadArtemis

Post by DreadArtemis » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:26 pm

Perhaps the one on Skal is a bit bugged then! I will check again on another station. Thank you for investigating that for me!!!

I went to the one outside that is a sawhorse with a skaljard villager standing next to it.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:01 am

There are multiple pages in the craft menu. Make sure you're scanning all the pages by pressing 6 for next or 7 for previous. Good luck! They're there 100%. It just takes a bit of navigating to get there that's not always intuative.

DreadArtemis

Post by DreadArtemis » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:16 am

Ok so after much trial and error I found them. They were not displaying, I rested, and then they displayed in the book of trade then vanished again.

One thing I noticed it says in the requirement class Bard. But then it also says "minimum level 0/ singular". I take it that means only a single class bard can make it? if that's so I wasted points in carpentry then what a bummer.

Does anyone know if thats the case. I expected it to be a minimum number of bard levels and on the wiki it states the crafter must be a bard. I didnt know the game would make it only a single class bard. I was really curious if thats the case. If it is I will have to find a bard then to craft me one since my bardy skills are not worthy enough :)

Thanks again for the responses!

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:47 am

The crafting class requirement is somewhat strangely phrased, now that you mention it. I can tell you that you do NOT have to be a pure class bard. Those crafting options are available as long as you have even a single (non-warlock) bard level.

Crafting menu choices not fully loading is an ancient, ancient issue. Closing the menu and reopening it usually fixes the problem.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain