Mighty Rage - yay or nay?

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Ironsoul

Mighty Rage - yay or nay?

Post by Ironsoul » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:30 pm

So I’m nearing the end of my build, 3 levels left. I had originally intended to go for mighty rage but prevailing chatter seems to suggest it’s not worth the feat and may actually be detrimental in the long run. I did like the thematics of being able to shrug off enchantment spells through rage but in all this time I’ve never encountered a situation where I’ve needed that when a -pray would do the same thing.

My options remaining are to use my last ability point in Strength and last feat in Epic Strength 1 to make it even.

Use my last ability point in Con to make it even and use my last feat on (Epic Discipline, Epic Prowess, Epic Fortitude, Epic Spellcraft, Epic Intimidate.)

That’s all I can think of that would be relevant. Obviously the first option is the most inferior other then carry capacity but chose to illustrate it all the same!

I have all the EDRs, weapon feats, and terrifying rage already.

Not enough strength for Thundering Rage unfortunately.

TimeAdept

Re: Mighty Rage - yay or nay?

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Do not take Mighty Rage.

Use the last ability point in CON and take Epic Discipline Focus - but that your build doesn't already have epic Prowess and Epic Disc both sort of puts you under par as is. You'll need discipline focus more, though.

Ironsoul

Post by Ironsoul » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Terrifying Rage or Epic Prowess then? I’ll have 50AB without it so I never really prioritized it.

TroubledWaters

Post by TroubledWaters » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:30 am

I really like terry rage but you need skill points to invest in intimidate if you are gonna use it.

If you don't have those, prowess is still good even if you already have high AB.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Possibly too late,but I'm going to agree with TimeAdept and advise getting ESF Discipline.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain