Two-hander Paladin

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Conversations With Your Car Alarm

Re: Two-hander Paladin

Post by Conversations With Your Car Alarm » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:58 am

ltlukoziuz wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:21 am
Because if you followed RP, you would know that currently elves are GREATLY pissed at lesser moonblades thrown around and used in bad ways.
This is a builds and mechanics forum. They are asking a build and mechanics question. If you have a problem with current IG matters, keep it IG or take it to another sub-forum, please. Keep this one about... builds and mechanics.

Elaetheus wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:35 am
Side question: why everybody keeps mentioning high-elf or elf in conjunction with moonblade, especially in those builds that get 30umd? I thought that the whole point of high umd was to afford this on any race, besides many other things...
I'm not sure. Could be they are saying that it's hard to get your hands on a Moonblade and being able to craft one yourself is far easier. But, I have built non-elf characters around the Moonblade, and it's doable. I think it is best to consider that a weapon you will get post masterly damask, and that you will have to try hard.

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:10 am

For the record, I don't think the build and mechanics subforum should or even could be strictly separated from RP matters. Making a build is essentially planning the kind of character you want to play; it is good to give the player information other than mechanical regarding that decision.
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

Elaetheus
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Elaetheus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 pm

Opustus wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:10 am
For the record, I don't think the build and mechanics subforum should or even could be strictly separated from RP matters. Making a build is essentially planning the kind of character you want to play; it is good to give the player information other than mechanical regarding that decision.
Strictly, of course no. Nobody is doing that here I believe. In any case, there is no secret it appears, so metagaming or not, if anybody wants to adjust simply for the blade, it will still happen. My comment was not quite useful.

Off: kudos for your DD suggestions!

Bashagain
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Bashagain » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:11 pm

To test out the build in an actual play, I started a Two-Handed Scythe wielding Paladin-Champion-Weapon Master named Glace Canon! 😆

Paladin 17/ CoT 6/ Weapon Master 7. Ditched the last feat and swapped it for upfront exotic weapons with scythe focus. X5 Crit Holy Avenger Scythe Whirlwind Attack resulting in 250+ damage ought to be fun. I should be able to get him to level 30 in about 2 years.

See you in-game!
"Drider-man, with Great Smite cometh Great Responsibility to SMITE THEE!!!" - Erik Silverarms, in The Underdark. Circa AR 63

StrykerMontgomery

Post by StrykerMontgomery » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:51 pm

All those other paladins with shields should be able to protect you lol

I actually managed to solo with a str based monk (but greatly appreciated the bigger challenges i could take with a high ac friend) you should be fine. Fine, being the operative word. (You csn still shield and bastard sword when situation cslls for it. Just a little too dispellsble)
Currently played characters:
Have not played for over a year, thinking of returning again