Target AB AC DC levels

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Astegard
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Target AB AC DC levels

Post by Astegard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:18 am

Hey guys,

Builds aside I'm looking for a general indication what you should be aiming for AB AC and spell DC wise for the endgame. Could split it to PVE and PVP targets.
I think i'm generally to focused on the insane builds possible in PVP and dismissing character as not viable even though they might be fine for PVE.

PVE targets:
AB:
AC:
DC:

PVP targets:
AB:
AC:
DC:

Alox

Re: Target AB AC DC levels

Post by Alox » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:48 am

There are so many truths to that question, that it is really hard to answer...

If you want to generally be ensured to hit things in the harder part of the pve content you should have an AB above 35. Some places has less demand some places has more demand....

You will do fine most places with an AC above 55, but sometimes you need less, sometimes you need more... then there are options for damage reduction, temporary hit points, rely on team mates to heal you, ... So not a hard number.

Few DCs will be above 42 or so. But it might happen...

You have to be really careful about setting some standard numbers and think you are fine if you just reach those.

In PvP it is really about current meta and state of wards. Right now you need an insane amount of discipline skill or the weapon master will rip you apart in one round.

Astegard
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Astegard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:58 pm

Alox wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:48 am
You will do fine most places with an AC above 55
Isent 55AC very high?
I made a full plate wizard with tower shield and fully buffed with epic mage armor he got to 56 fully buffed.
(not using expertise mind you)

Alox

Post by Alox » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:23 pm

Astegard wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:58 pm
Alox wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:48 am
You will do fine most places with an AC above 55
Isent 55AC very high?
I made a full plate wizard with tower shield and fully buffed with epic mage armor he got to 56 fully buffed.
(not using expertise mind you)
Those are target numbers, so expertise could be one way to achieve them. It is no wonder why expertise is in basically all cookie cutter builds. ;-)

Also remember expertise AC is not lost when flatfooted, which is a huge deal against threat rolls from scimitar crits.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:32 pm

Typical melee AB numbers are ~48. You can get up to 55 with 2h and a lot of dedication but you will be lackluster in many other areas.

An AC of 68 with Improved expertise is therefore really solid.

DC 40 on 9th level spells is what you are looking for. Bear in mind with optimized gear it's fairly easy to beat that number on a Fortitude save, less so on a Will save.