PvP-Viable Shadowdancer

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Alox

Re: PvP-Viable Shadowdancer

Post by Alox » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:21 pm

At what level does the shadow dancer's shadow become good enough for most end game content? 24?

OutOfChwi

Post by OutOfChwi » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:45 am

I have a strength based Horc Double Axe 8 rogue 5 fighter 17 SD. Does stupid damage and can solo most content. PvP it has its flaws but just takes some skill and know how to get around those flaws. Does wonders in PVE, can solo your way to 30.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:07 pm

If you get your SD levels as soon as you can, your Shadow becomes useful from the level you get it, it is an incredible tank. I believe I got mine around level 7 or 8.

If you keep leveling SD your shadow remains useful for content of your level. You notice a slight decrease in performance close to epics, before you get Epic Shadow and more SD levels, after that it is top-notch again.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:08 pm

Assuming you take Epic Shadowlord at SD 13 (which you should), the shadow jumps from level 17 to level 23. At this point, it should fare reasonably well in most epic content, provided that you're supporting it enough. The level 14 and 17 marks for SD each give it 1 more regen and DR, which is the main reason they're significant.

The extra HP, saves, and concealment from going SD 17 doesn't hurt, but may not be necessary.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain