help with scout/shadow dancer build

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Azensor

help with scout/shadow dancer build

Post by Azensor » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Hello o/
Planned on making a goblin shadow dancer/scout, will mostly focus on pve with some topside pvp no-doubt in its mid-later lvls
I have a goblin atm at lvl 6 but he doesnt have the req' for shadowdancer so before i reroll him i thought i'd see if anyone knows of a build i could use.

Commissar

Re: help with scout/shadow dancer build

Post by Commissar » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:19 pm

I'm going to keep on linking Baron's Strength Shadowdancer build. It gives you awesome PvE capability, and is generally just a blast to play. You've got significantly more damage than a DEX shadowdancer, at the cost of some durability and Epic Dodge - which, since your shadow'll be taking all your damage for you in PvE, doesn't matter at all.

With rogue you can take enough skill points to fill in all the dungeoneering and scouting you'll need to do and, if you're willing to play around with the build a bit and take your first level as rogue, you can fit in even more skill points.

You won't be a PvP powerhouse. In fact, your saves are objectively awful. But you're a shadowdancer. If you don't have the upper hand, you can always run away.
May you live in interesting times.
Manticore, on Sun Elves wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure the racism is like a mating ritual or something. Like plumes on birds.

Azensor

Re: help with scout/shadow dancer build

Post by Azensor » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 am

Thanks, think ill run with that. Though ill tweak it abit to allow for dual-weilding