Palemaster Build

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Senshi
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Palemaster Build

Post by Senshi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:13 am

Hello,

Ive messed up my palemaster and ended up deleting him.. :(

I went 4 fighter 6 wiz and 4 pale and i was having quite allot of issues surviving mobs my level and below.. And as you could imagine, partying to level is not easy as a evil necromancer..

Im hoping someone can show me a solid build that can survive mainly solo after level 10.

Please help :)
Current Characters: Velem'vor

I do YT stuff.. IndieSenshi

Baron Saturday

Re: Palemaster Build

Post by Baron Saturday » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:41 am

Have you looked at the cookie-cutter build?
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Lurch

Post by Lurch » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:15 am

I have no idea if this is viable but I was thinking about combining monk, warlock and pale master together, something like monk 10 / warlock 4 / pale master 16.

pre-epic: monk 8 / warlock 4 / PM 8, getting 13 BAB -> 5 attacks before flurry or haste

- start as monk, dump charisma, focus on dex and wis with spare points in int and con
- warlock pact doesn't matter as we won't be casting those spells, just want access to pale master and umd.

in the end you'd have +10 ac from pale master, +2 from monk levels, + wisdom modifier, +6 from tumble, epic mage armor, mummy dust and dracolich summon, good discipline and overall saves with improved evasion. Only 1d10 fists though.

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:55 am

Very survivable but horrible ab/damage. Summons will help but..

jp.ping14

Post by jp.ping14 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:13 pm

Lurking in the forums, my first post in roughly 3 years.
Sooooo... I cannot play the game again due to the move. But you can play the character and concept that I cannot
If you want evil, I cannot provide you with one since I suck at making them.
Neutral Pale master I have contemplated on however.
Those Who Smile in the Face of Death / Knight of the Risen Scepter
Character concept: You are a Mulhorandi warrior who seeks to gain martial prowess by seeking "perfection" by means of modifying parts of your body. You wish to protect your loved ones better hence you sacrifice body parts you deem weak and modify them to be more resilient. A noble cause but a somewhat crude and gruesome self mutilation.

Mulhorandi culture is respectful of the dead (most of them atleast) so you might want to use your undead summoning feats in "dire" situations. (Boss battle? Looks around, "Fallen warriors!" Looks to the dragon's location at the distance then back to the corpses. He runs towards the rotting corpses and slides to a stop. The warrior calls to them in clear vivid voice. "You lie here now, wasting on the ground, DEFEATED! Hear my voice: I grant you a chance at VENGEANCE, a chance at REDEMPTION! Stand once again, redo the last moments of your lives and claim the one responsible for your death!" He charges in with an army of undead by his side.) It is not as easy as, Oh I want a companion, let me summon one now.

Summoning them requires a great deal of decision making. You really do not want to disturb the dead for petty reasons. And then when your time has come, you march at the halls of Osiris/Anhur/Horus-Re, this undead shows up and tells on you: "Oh, that's the A-hole who disturbed my rest, gets me killed... again... 4 times... or maybe more... because he wants an undead meatshield!" Speaking with a frothing undead mouth while pointing a shaking bony finger at you.
TLDR:
Bard 4/PDK 10/Pale master 16
Knight Protector? Go Bard 4/ PDK 10/ PM 6) pre epic, then 10PM epic for 4ApR
Discipline at 23 and Tumble at 20 (You are going to miss 1 ApR if you get 4th bard at 27th)
Get Extend/Empower spell to maximize your 4 bard levels and PM spell slots?
Epic Mage Armour and Epic Mummy Dust at Character Level 30 (which is endgame =/... and not much character get there)

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:14 am

So I would actually do Bard 3/PDK 7/PM 10 pre-epic, rush to PM 14, then take PM 15 & 16 at 27 & 28 to pick up any two of Mummy Dust/EDK/EMA. I'd probably do Mummy Dust and EMA, but if PvP is more your thing, EDK might be the way to go. Bard 4 at 29 and PDK 10 at 30 rounds out the build. Your BAB drops to 14, but let's be real - if you're going this route, it's not because you want to be smacking stuff in melee. You have undead minions for that! Get that Mummy Dust ASAP and buff 'em like crazy. I'd actually suggest Valiant over Protector in this build, since Protector most benefits a single Ward, while Valiant gives nice group buffs - though you do need 16 base CHA to make the most of it.

You can also take warlock instead of bard if you want glowing eyes and a nice summon to get you through the first ~7 levels or so.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:48 am

Valiant is no good, Protector will let you smack an important enemy with a 15% vulnerability debuff, which will be a lot more impressive than the tiny damage boost from Valiant. It also gives all of your summons +4 universal saves, lets you cleanse debuffs off them, and you can Ward the mummy lord or the vampire count to make it extra tanky.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:57 am

6-8 extra damage each across 3 vamps isn't negligible, nor is +3 AB and an extra 10 regen. The 15% damage vulnerability is Vanguard, not Protector.

EDIT: Honestly, I think all the PDK paths have something significant to offer this build. My personal preference is Valiant, for the reasons stated above.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:22 am

You're right, my bad.

I just think needing 16 base charisma for valiant to function renders it essentially useless to most everyone that would want to take it. It's base cha, not modded.

Senshi

Post by Senshi » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Ive decided to go heavy in the wiz levels and low in the pale. So only 2 classes.

Now just waiting on the Palemaster token re-approval for this remake.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:09 am

As a wise man once said, "The best Palemaster is wizard 26/bard 4, and wears black."

Senshi

Post by Senshi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:26 am

So..

Plae20/wiz10 or wiz25/pale5?