Spellsword (Dwarf) in the works

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

lostmarbles

Spellsword (Dwarf) in the works

Post by lostmarbles » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:40 pm

So far I am loving the spellsword and wanted to ask around before getting deeper into the build:

Q1, More SS levels vs fighter? Maybe drop more fighter for bard or rouge UMD?

I took 4 SS, then went 3F (multiclass rule of 3 levels) and I am back to adding SS levels. I intend to take a couple more levels of fighter before epics then at 21 Take fighter for the feat EWF & bonus feat EWS (and another discipline dump).

Q2: is Wep Spec & EWS really worth it considering the SS additional AB & damage, +embue +elemental damage etc ?

Q3: How many Epic Still Spell feats? What’s the consensus on capping out still spell-worthiness?

Build uses Greataxe with Imp Expertise and going for the lowest arcane failure % possible with gear maximizing CON&STR+ empower spells to cap. Bumping Int every 4lvs until ample spell access then going STR or CON

Thoughts?
Baron Saturday wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:37 pm
Also I will make sweet love to anyone who plays a parrot totem druid-pirate that's just constantly in parrot form.

Opustus

Re: Spellsword (Dwarf) in the works

Post by Opustus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:37 pm

The Spellsword23/Fighter4/RogueorBard3 with Fighter taken pre-epic for 4 attacks per round seems to be the kewl. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13550&start=200 This thread, page 10, you can view Zavandar's spreadsheet, I think it's solid.

Dwarf gets dwarven waraxe proficiency for free and weapon feats via Battleaxe feats (Imp crit and WF, for your purposes), and it can be two-handed for more strengthy approach to combat that can be switched on the go, making the switcheroo a smart idea for most of PvM.

Q1: See the above.

Q2: Not really, SS levels granting an extra feat and more caster level outweigh the +4 damage bonus from Epic weapon focus.

Q3: I guess nada. I think the consensus is that wearing the 5% arcane spell failure chains is the way to go to save the precious epic feats. Three epic feats for wearing a fullplate is a pretty tall order.
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect