True Assassin Build

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Maladus

True Assassin Build

Post by Maladus » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:05 am

I’ve been playing on my Assassin character a lot recently and was realizing that his build really could use a complete rework. Though I’m not planning on rebuilding him, it got me thinking about builds that invest a lot of levels into Assassin to get a high Death Attack DC. Now I know that such a character wouldn’t be ideal in a lot of different aspects of the game, but I’d like to see what people can come up with because I may end up playing a new Assassin when my current one has run his course.

Race wouldn’t really be a concern for this hypothetical character, but dual wielding is something that o definitely see this character doing. So...do your worst (best)!

Hunter548

Re: True Assassin Build

Post by Hunter548 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:34 am

If you're absolutely set on the "best" death-attack DC build, you want to go monk 3 fighter 8 assassin 19. Pack kamas, get hasted, force some dude to make 4 DC 31-37 fortitude saves or be paralyzed. If he succeeds or -prays out of it, you pop a timestop scroll, sprint away, hide, and come back ten minutes later.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:41 am

Ah, figured it would probably involve monk. Do you have a build order for that?

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:13 am

I'd imagine something like 3 fighter/3 monk/fill assassin first, then 7f/3m/10a pre-epic, and hold back that last fighter level for an epic disc dump.

I'm pretty sure that'll get you 16 BaB so that's cool- 40ish AB? Not bad. I'd consider quarterstaff over kamas, though, since you don't 'lose' 2 ab for dual wielding it. You lose flurry though, but dropping an extra 2 ab on this sort of build has never appealed to me.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.