Wizard/Harper Scout

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Drowling34

Wizard/Harper Scout

Post by Drowling34 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:19 pm

Hello community, I've a favor to ask. I'm seeking advice and guidance on making my first Wizard/Harper Scout build.

I intend to take Harper Mage as well when the time comes.

I'm looking to be, conjuration, transmutation, abjuration, possibly another spell focus.

Thanks in advance. :D

Astral

Re: Wizard/Harper Scout

Post by Astral » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:55 am

Hi there! My two cents.

On a harper lvls 1 and 5 you get a free feat which can only be used for favoured enemy or greater spell focus on taken pre-epic, if you take them post-epic you can also take great dex/cha and epic skill focuses. So I think I would take 3 harper lvls pre-epic and 2 more late into epics while making sure I have Spell Focus: X taken so I can take GFS: X in the harper lvl pre-epic.

Also since we're talking about a harper, I recommend making the character from a fresh new login since people can totally act differently then they otherwise would have, knowing what you are.

The spell schools you picked are the flavour of the month kind of spell schools. So they are good to have and I assume they wont be nerfed any time soon. If, for some weird reason, you can fit more, consider divination just to have -scry on your harper.

Overall the harper mage path is kinda cool. If I compare this to a classic powerbuild of 27 wizard 3 bard (who would do about the same thing your build does) I get a pretty incomparable result, which is a good thing; the prior will have more CL, and Freedom of Spellcomponents. The second will have umd, and 1 or 2 more feats. I wish you good luck mate.
Currently playing: Seth Xylo