Druid AC

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cataclysm of Iron

Druid AC

Post by Cataclysm of Iron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:32 pm

Playing a (non-totem) Druid for the first time - I'm not desperately concerned with optimizing the build and am making several choices which I know to be sub-optimal for RP reasons, but I am becoming concerned as I bed into the druid spell list and equipment and so on that my mid-level onwards AC will be absolutely rubbish, even in wildshape form but especially in normal form.

Is there any way to avoid this? Or is it just a case of sticking to air elemental form for anywhere remotely challenging?
Xerah wrote: People have a very weird possessive nature over a lot of things in Arelith.

Sockss

Re: Druid AC

Post by Sockss » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:47 pm

You can get 'okayish' AC provided you've got Improved Expertise pre-elemental shape - however I'd recommend you just use summons and animal companions for PvE if you're not in a shape. There's really no need to put yourself in danger.

Once you've got elemental shape, you'll be fine and just get better - you have one of the highest AC's with pure elemental shapes (On top of all the immunities), or an appropriate cross class dragonshaper.

Post buffing there's really no-need for a druid to spend any amount of time in natural form. You'll only be out of it to heal. So I wouldn't be overly worried!
Thankfully this team is no longer being used.

Sockss#5567 for nwn mechanics questions.

Cataclysm of Iron

Post by Cataclysm of Iron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:50 pm

The elemental shapes only hit AC 30ish, right? That's pretty low from what I remember for high-end ACs. Or are they buffed on Arelith?
Xerah wrote: People have a very weird possessive nature over a lot of things in Arelith.

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:56 pm

http://wiki.arelith.com/Druid#Elemental_Shapes
oh yea they're buffed my friend
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Cataclysm of Iron

Post by Cataclysm of Iron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:09 pm

...wow okay never mind. I formally withdraw my concern :P

Thanks!