Paladin Advice!

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Beard Master Flex

Paladin Advice!

Post by Beard Master Flex » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:33 pm

Hey chums!

I’m lookkng to make a Paladin and I have a few questions:

Must have feats?

Does anyone know which craftable gear if any is best in slot for Paladin? I know the ranger has a necklace, spear and armor and I’m wondering if someone could make me a quick list I can check out.

Does anyone know what the perks are for greater SF divination? It says it reveals additional details with investigate and detect evil and would fit with my char thematically and he’ll have maxed lore and search too anyway. Are these bonuses interesting or meh?

Starting stats 16str 10dex 13con 14int 13wis 16 cha

Kirito

Re: Paladin Advice!

Post by Kirito » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Take min wisdom (11) and put the rest in strength, you will get +1 Wis per 7? paladin levels which will give you Wis 14 for casting all your spells

Beard Master Flex

Post by Beard Master Flex » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:43 pm

The wisdom is for RP and the bonus spell slots which I’m fine spending an ab/damage point on

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:02 pm

For equipment, celestial crown and Templar armour are your best choices. For a shield, you’d want an addy tower.

Weapons really depend on race, but masterly damask scimitar is optimal.

The rest of the year should be +1 str/con, +2 disc/spellcraft/taunt and one other skill created by an enchanter.

SF div really does nothing for you. It will show a character’s elemental attunement but that’s about it. SF abjuration is much better for paladins.

Feats should be divine might/shield and blind fight as the more important ones. (And imp exp but I assume you know that given you’ve taken INT 14!)
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Beard Master Flex

Post by Beard Master Flex » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:33 pm

Yep taking expertise for sure.

What kind of AC should I be shooting for? I’ve never played a strength char before.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:38 pm

Xerah wrote:For equipment, celestial crown and Templar armour are your best choices. For a shield, you’d want an addy tower.

Weapons really depend on race, but masterly damask scimitar is optimal.

The rest of the year should be +1 str/con, +2 disc/spellcraft/taunt and one other skill created by an enchanter.

SF div really does nothing for you. It will show a character’s elemental attunement but that’s about it. SF abjuration is much better for paladins.

Feats should be divine might/shield and blind fight as the more important ones. (And imp exp but I assume you know that given you’ve taken INT 14!)
Paladins actually want to use a custom enchanted weapon, if they have at least 21 levels in paladin. You enchant, a weapon with, for example, keen and +1 strength or charisma to help max your stats, then essence and bless weapon it for a +4 keen essenced weapon.

Your enchanted gear, you probably want strength/con/reflex/disc/spellcraft, rather than a third skill. One or two pieces of level 1 paladin slot for more divine favors aren't a terrible idea.

Your AC should be about 65-67 in divine shield and imp expertise.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Ah, I did not realize the weapon stacked like that, wow.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:10 pm

The best craftable items for paladin at the moment are Templar Armor(Forging) and Celestial Crown(art crafting)

PS:If for whatever reason you have a DEX paladin Chainmail of the Holy Knight might be better
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:47 am

Cybernet21 wrote:The best craftable items for paladin at the moment are Templar Armor(Forging) and Celestial Crown(art crafting)

PS:If for whatever reason you have a DEX paladin Chainmail of the Holy Knight might be better
Under no circumstances should anyone ever have a dex paladin. Or a paladin with more than 10 dex.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:53 am

Hunter548 wrote:Under no circumstances should anyone ever have a dex paladin. Or a paladin with more than 10 dex.
Don't tell me what to do.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:25 am

The Rambling Midget wrote:
Hunter548 wrote:Under no circumstances should anyone ever have a dex paladin. Or a paladin with more than 10 dex.
Don't tell me what to do.
UilliamNebel wrote: