Paladin Build

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

XX BJAX XX

Paladin Build

Post by XX BJAX XX » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:33 pm

could someone give me some suggestions on a good paladin build considering thew new +1's to wisdom and suggestions for feats/progressions? and Str based or Cha based? I would imagine STR, but?

Seven Sons of Sin

Re: Paladin Build

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:06 pm

(consider asking this question in the "Builds" section of the forum)
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:20 pm

PALADIN
23 Paladin / 4 Fighter / 3 Rogue (or Bard)
Race: Human
Background: Natural Leader
Attributes:
STR 15 (Gift) (Level Up: Ends at 24)
DEX 8
CON 13 (-1 from Natural Leader)
INT 14
WIS 11
CHA 15 (Gift) (+1 from Natural Leader)

1 Paladin(1) - Weapon Focus, Expertise
2 Paladin(2)
3 Paladin(3) - Imp. Expertise
4 Fighter(1) - Blindfight
5 Fighter(2) - Knockdown
6 Fighter(3) - Power Attack
7 Paladin(4)
8 Paladin(5)
9 Paladin(6) - Divine Might
10 Paladin(7)
11 Paladin(8)
12 Paladin(9) - Divine Shield
13 Paladin(10)
14 Paladin(11)
15 Paladin(12) - Imp. Crit
16 Paladin(13)
17 Paladin(14)
18 Paladin(15) - Spell Focus: Abjuration
19 Paladin(16)
20 Paladin(17)
21 Paladin(18) - Epic Weapon Focus
22 Paladin(19)
23 Paladin(20)
24 Fighter(4) - Weapon Spec, Epic Weapon Spec
25 Paladin(21)
26 Paladin(22)
27 Rogue(1) - GSF: Abjuration
28 Rogue(2)
29 Rogue(3)
30 Paladin(23) - Paladin Bonus Feat: Armor Skin, ESF Discipline

AB: 44 Unbuffed, 46 with Holy Sword, 51 with Divine Favor [+1 with Prowess] (25 BAB + 13 STR + 3 Focus + 3 Weapon)
Add Taunt for slaying high AC opponents.

AC: ~58 w/ Divine Shield, 68 w/ Divine Shield + Imp. Expertise. [10 + 11 addy fullplate + 3 deflect + 1 DEX + 1 boots + 6 addy tower + 6 tumble + 2 Armor Skin + 4 Barkskin Wand + 4 Haste + 10 Divine Shield]. -1 if using Templar Armor

HP: 498

Damage: [Weapon/Essence] + 13 STR + 6 Weapon Spec + 10 Divine Might (+ 5 Divine Favor + 6 Deafening Clang)

Misc: 26 CL versus Dispel, Immune to IGMS when using a Shield potion, 24CL on-hit Holy Sword Dispel, access to UMD/Taunt. Solid saving throws.
Gearing: Stack Aura of Glory and Eagle's with Templar Armor to easily get within reach of the +12 cap on CHA. Focus on STR/CON gear for the remainder. A Greensteel weapon combines well with Bless Weapon or Holy Sword.

Alternate, beefier setup: Dropping natural leader and leaving CHA at 14 + Gift will allow you to increase CON to 14. If you want to further trade CHA for more HP, move the gift to CON.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:18 pm

There's also the popular
23 fighter, 4 paladin, 3 Rogue.
Str and splash cha.

Divine might / shield (take paladin levels in an order that let's you get might /shield). 23 fighter gets you +1 enh bonus, so if you use a naturally +4 weapon, such as a Moonblade, you have a +5 and therefore blow through most forms of DR.

Take Rogue in epic for UMD so you can use scrolls and tumble.
\

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:25 am

So the builds i look into and think off arent as optimized as the ones above but are good for RP (not that fully optimized builds are bad to do,but it means i dont normally put Rogue on them because paladin :lol: ),there is the STR based paladin and the CHA based paladin(this one is known as smiter)

If you do a STR based paladin you focus on martial power and being able to handle himself somewhat good with both evil and neutral opponents,bu arent the bane of evil.

If you do CHA based paladin you focus more on your CHA abilities,hence why is known as smiter, and the paladins spellcasting

My paladin build that i am using currently is a STR based paladin but was made (by Scurvy) before the updates hit,wich means it probably can be optimized: 15 Paladin/5 Fightet/10 CoT if you want that i go more in depth in this build just say,but keep in mind it might be suboptimal these days (but perhaps can help you figure out wich route you want to go?)

As for the smiter (CHA based):I dont have much of an idea but you definetly want to focus almost everything on CHA,and you defintely want at least 21 paladin levels on that one specially because of the update on the class,as for the rest of the levels..perhaps CoT or Bard,i think you need CoT levels for great smite and all of that though.If you want to follow that route i may be able to come up with a good buuld for you but i am not very good with having it fully optimized if that is your desire ;)
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde