Drow WM/Fighter/rogue or Ranger build?

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Dracorid3r

Drow WM/Fighter/rogue or Ranger build?

Post by Dracorid3r » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:48 pm

Edit:brainstorming on discord with joe led to a very badass dex build.. so i’m good

On mobile sorry if messed up a bit.

I have always had a fascination with drow(yes I have read basically anything related to drow books) wise) and I’d give it a shot, for context.. A lone drow from the cities that got flooded, hus house died and now he’s trying to be useful as a swordsman (master possibly katana duelwield/shield). At least until another house picks him up and takes them under the wing. But in the beginning its all him looking out for his own interests.

I’m terrible at builds and was hoping for some suggestions and possible builds for it.

Thanks

Yes and this kinda does feel like drizzit. But what can you say
Last edited by Dracorid3r on Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. B

Re: Drow WM/Fighter/rogue or Ranger build?

Post by Dr. B » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:39 pm

flower

Post by flower » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:09 pm

He wanted dex build, right?

There is option for Kensai (STR build).
25 F / 5 WM

Str 17
Dex 15
Con 14 (+2 melee gift)
INT 16
Char 8
Wis 8

Feats: Weapon focus, Expertise, Spring attack, Dodge, Whirling attack, weapon specialization, Two weapon fighting, Ambidexterios, Improved two weapon fighting, knockdown, blindfight OPTIONAL: mounted combat (for being cool :D ) / IKD / Luck of heroes / Thoughness

Epic feats: E. Weapon focus, E. Weapon specialization, Armour skin, Great strenght II, Epic discipline, Improved Knockdown/Epic thougness/Thougness, Epic prowess.

33 discipline 33 heal 33 riding (or any other skill), 5-8 lore (to identify trash for sell:) ), CC tumble 15, CC spellcraft 15

This gives you + 5 weapon (+6 if moonblade). End Ab is 49 AB (non moonblade), 6 attacks hasted, three of them at full AB. 45 on dual wield, 8 hasted attacks - 4 at full AB.

You also get +6 saves on 30rd level, add +10 to gear and you are fine.

You can skip dual wielding. This will give you 18 starting strenght (50 AB non moonblade), 3 more feats. I listed dual wield because it allows more variety in fight versus some foes with really low AC, dishing out 8 attacks with possible crude crits (especially on scimitar). 42 Hasted Ac on dual wield, 48 with shield.

Drink ultravision pots, toss darkness dust, faerie dust of disapparence grants II, or dust to purge it, and even rare gems with mordekayns spells being mundane are IG.

But until you gain levels the magic outside will be your bane and i imagine this build for fullplate does not fit your idea of ranger like character.

Edit: If you go with katana, the penalty to dual wield is only 2. So from 45 Ab bumps up to 47.

EDIT II: It will begin to pay out since level 25-27th, where you get most of your cookies. Until then dual wield is inferior option to shield and sword (you need AB bonuses from fighter and enchanted gear to bump AB into high level). Also until you build up AC on gear and from fighter bonuses you will lag behind the shield use.

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 pm

Oh, you wanted a dex build? Do this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zb5 ... kl1xM/edit