Shadow Cleric Build

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

High Primate

Re: Shadow Cleric Build

Post by High Primate » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:33 am

Well, that won't work as a priest of Vhaeraun because it would have to be lawful.
Some builds I've worked on (not recommended):
Charisma Battlecleric
"E-Dodge Brycer"

Drow4d20

Post by Drow4d20 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:24 pm

This is the final build. Everything fixed. If it's a bad build, well I still like it :P

Veldrin Del Elghinn
The Shadow Priestess

Classes: Trickery/Travel Cleric 17, Shadowdancer 13
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Deity: Vhaeraun
Weapon: Crossbow
Skill: Carpentry(Major)/Herbalism(Minor)
Gift: Sneak (+4 Hide, +4 MS) to balance low DEX mod
Background: Wild Child (+1 Hide, +1 MS, +1 Tumble)

Description:
You see a young drow female dressed in chain armor. She keeps part of her face hidden. She may seem a bit antisocial, short tempered, or stuck up... If she even speaks to you... A small red pendant with a black spider upon it holds her cloak together.

Starting Ability points:
STR 8
DEX 18 (Use Chain Armor & have the base +4 for skills)
CON 8
INT 16
WIS 16 (+1GW+7=24)
CHA 10

Skill Set: Concentration, Heal, Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, Tumble

-------------------------------
Ability and Feat Progression:
>Cleric:
1 Feat: Point Blank Shot
3 Feat: Dodge
4 +1 WIS
6 Feat: Zen Archery
8 +1 WIS
9 Feat: Mobility
12 +1 WIS Feat: (Spell Focus: Abjuration)
15 Feat: (Arcane Defense: Abjuration)
16 +1 WIS
>Shadowdancer:
18 Feat: Extend Spell
20 +1 WIS
21 Feat: Armor Skin
22 HIPS
24 Feat: Improved Critical: Light Crossbow
27 Feat: +1 Great WIS
28 +1 WIS
30 Feat: Sring Attack, Bonus Feat: Shadow Lord
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."

Xanos950

Post by Xanos950 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:20 pm

You must be an absolute masochist to play that build... I salute you for your sacrifice. Wow.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:14 pm

Why dodge and mobility? Dodge is a mere +1 ac vs. a single opponent and mobility is a waste if you have Tumble.

EDIT: oh rite forgot this was a SD build derpy derp
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Drow4d20

Post by Drow4d20 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 am

Drow Shadow Priestess

Description:
You see a drow female dressed in chain armor. She wears a hood covering most of her head and a mask covering most of her face.

You may notice a small red pendant with a black spider upon it, holding her cloak together.

She may seem a bit short tempered or stuck up if she choses to interact with you. If she does speak to you, you may also notice she is fairly young for a drow. About 90 years of age.

Backstory:

Veldrin was raised in a Lolthite temple until she was about 30. Her mother was a deceitful Lolthite priestess and her father an illusive Vhaeraunite spy.

Veldrin desired to leave the temple to locate her father whom she knew so little about. Her mother, knowing if the temple officials learned the truth about Veldrin's father, chose to keep her daughter in the dark in fear that she and Veldrin would be killed.

After years of her mother's lies and avoiding the topic of Veldrin's father, Veldrin made a chaotic decision. She murdered her mother with a Lolthite ritual dagger, snuck out of the temple, and left the city she knew as home. She took her mother's cloak and kept the dagger as a reminder of the sacrifices she made for her personal quest to learn the truth.

She traveled the world in search of clues leading to her father. After about 20 years of searching, she was finally ambushed by a Vhaeraunite scouting party close to one of their hideouts. She told them of her quest to locate her father whom was somewhat renown in that particular Vhaeraunite society. They brought her to him...

It took little time for her to adjust to her new found faith in Vhaeraun, as she was already not too fond of her childhood in a Lolthite temple. The experienes of the time spent at the temple of Lolth were so traumatic that they define her lust for murdering Lolthite's.

Her father was a devout Vhaeraunite and taught her the ways of his chosen deity and their society. He was proud to learn of his daughter's ruthless killing of her own mother and the ability to escape a Lolthite temple unharmed at such a young age. It seemed the spore did not fall too far from the mushroom.

She continued her training as a priestess, but now in service of The Masked Lord. As she got older she found a personal fascination with the Shadow Plane and Necromancy. Her father was an assassin with great skill as a shadowdancer, and her mother a high priestess skilled in Necromancy.

She was born of a different name long since left behind. Her father gave her the new name Veldrin Ssin Elghinn, in which she was quite fond of. Her father died when Veldrin turned 66.

Now as a devout priestess in service of Vhaeraun, she wishes to learn more of the Shadow Plane and how to use it to her advantage. She is ruthless, vile, and evil to the core. She will stop at nothing to achieve her goals. She murdered her own mother who was a Lolthite priestess and has no problem killing anyone else that stands in her way...

---------------------------------------------------
Name: Veldrin Del Elghinn
Classes: Trickery/Travel Cleric 21, Fighter 4, SD 5
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Deity: Vhaeraun
Skill: Carpentry/Alchemy
Gift: (-DEX, +2 WIS)
Equipment: Drow Light Crossbow (with point blank shot), Wand or potions of Cat' Grace, Chain armor, Lolthite ritual dagger (For role play)

Starting Ability points:
STR 9
DEX 13 (for dodge and mobility)
CON 13 (+1=14)
INT 16
WIS 18 (+6=24)
CHA 8

Skill Set: Concentration, Discipline 33, Heal 33, Hide, Move Silently, Spellcraft 33, Tumble 25

Armor: Chain Armor
Weapon: Light Crossbow (Drow Light Crossbow has Point Blank Shot)

-------------------------------
Ability and Feat Progression:
>Cleric:
1 Feat: (Spell focus: Necromancy)
3 Feat: Dodge
4 +1 WIS
6 Feat: Zen Archery
8 +1 WIS
9 Feat: (Weapon Focus: Light Crossbow)
12 +1 WIS Feat: Extend Spell
15 Feat: (Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy)
16 +1 WIS

>Fighter: (Stack Discipline!!!)
17 Bonus Feat: (Weapon Specialization: Light Crossbow)
18 Feat: Mobility, Bonus Feat: (Improved Critical: Light Crossbow)

>Cleric: (Concentration, Heal, Spellcraft)
20 +1 WIS (9th circle opens)
21 Feat: (Epic Spell Focus: Necromancy)
24 Feat: Epic Mummy Dust

>Shadowdancer: (Hide, Move Silently, Tumble)
27 Feat: (Epic weapon focus: Light Crossbow)
28 +1 CON
29 HIPS

>Fighter:
30 Feat: (Epic Weapon Specialization: Light Crossbow)

Freyason

Post by Freyason » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:14 pm

While I'm not coming near the build with a 10 foot pole wrapped in bubble wrap my one point of advice would be to keep the name of Vhaerunite cleric of the boards because people will meta it.

Drow4d20

Post by Drow4d20 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Yeah, I know. But people keep suggesting ideas that clash with my deity's cleric's alignments. So instead of beating around the bush I just put it out there. My few posts about this build are just pissing people off. So I'm thinking screw the forum. I just want to play before I get banned by a DM for giving a hoot about my character or something... So much OOC stress over a dang IC PC... *smh*

Thanks anyways, man... This build will likely get trashed for a new build I'm making anyways.