Is CoT even worth it in my build after paladin changes?

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cybernet21

Is CoT even worth it in my build after paladin changes?

Post by Cybernet21 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:59 am

Basically the title,i never really did think much about my build after the paladin changes since i took two breaks ever since it went out.

My build is 15 paladin,5 fighter,10 CoT but after the paladin buff more paladin levels are really good so should i exchange it to 20 paladin,5 Fighter,5 CoT?(the plan of the build is a fighter like paladin,who focuses more on dealing with all dangers than specialize on paladin enemies)

EDIT:Posted on the right place now :lol:
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Hunter548

Re: Is CoT even worth it in my build after paladin changes?

Post by Hunter548 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:00 am

Are you planning to go for great smiting? If not, I'd lean against having CoT at all, personally. The levels aren't worthless, though. More CoT gives you a better divine wrath, which is a very tasty little melee buff. More paladin levels makes your holy sword better, however. If you go for holy sword, make sure to try and fit GSF abjuration somewhere into your build to help your dispels.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:08 am

Hunter548 wrote:Are you planning to go for great smiting? If not, I'd lean against having CoT at all, personally. The levels aren't worthless, though. More CoT gives you a better divine wrath, which is a very tasty little melee buff. More paladin levels makes your holy sword better, however. If you go for holy sword, make sure to try and fit GSF abjuration somewhere into your build to help your dispels.
Hmmm,since i want to go with a Fighter like paladin that focuses on with dealing with all dangers rather than specific enemies to paladins then yeah i'm not going to get Great Smiting.As for CoT or Holy Sword,wich one would you recommend for the overall goal of my build above? (i'm thinking CoT because then i dont have to give up a feat for GSF abjuration but i'm not sure)
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Terenfel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Terenfel » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:45 am

Paladin 21 is just so much better then paladin 20..
At 21 paladin levels, the character gains a CL +3 against Dispels.
Bless Weapon: gets its +4 enhancement bonus at that level.
so i would go paladin 21, fighter 4, CoT 5. (4 bonus feats)

or paladin 11, Figter 4, CoT 15. (9 bonus feats)

or just the simple rute.. paladin 26 fighter 4. (4 bonus feats)

the last being the best at being good all the time

Astral

Post by Astral » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:03 pm

I'm with hunter. cot doesnt worth giving up umd if you already have fighter lvls. if you (or anyone else for the matter) dont, then MAYBE going 6 cot and no fighter is not bad and will give you enough things to compensate for the lost feat and weapon spec.
Currently playing: Seth Xylo