Svirfneblin WM

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Rosvopipo

Svirfneblin WM

Post by Rosvopipo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:43 pm

Im thinking about svirfneblin WM, should i focus on light hammer because of the Svirfneblin rune hammer? Is it that good or just forget it? :O

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Svirfneblin WM

Post by Shadowy Reality » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:23 pm

It's nice, but it's still a hammer, which means 20 x2 critical.

http://wiki.arelith.com/Forging:_Specia ... _Hammer.29

Also can only be crafter by a Svirf with 9 cleric levels.

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:26 pm

I dimly remember the developers saying that there might be a weapon overhaul incoming. In light of this, a 1d4 20/2 light hammer in the martial profeciency might be getting a tweak. I may be totally wrong about everything, however!
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:37 pm

Ok a WM would have a.. 17-20 x3 hammer on their hands? Did I math that right? I refuse to open up NWNwiki to check.

It's the only natively +5 weapon on the server, so that's a bonus, slightly reduced by the fighter bonus though. Let's say you manage to make a gnome with a +13 str modifier.. using the 20/7/3 WM..

25 BaB+1 prowess+1 WM+13 str+5 weapon+2 fighter bonus+3 weapon foci= 50 AB? Someone check my math and add missing stuff. Your weapon is effectively +7 vs DR, which while probably useless is exceedingly dope..

I mean, the only big problem is that it's not a 19-20 or 18-20 weapon natively, but it is a +5 keen weapon before other bonuses so you're probably good. Also, the style! The panache! The hilarity of getting mouthed off to by a drow and critting them to kingdom come!

(3.5 average hammer+4 vs elf+3.5 average vs evil+5+13 str mod+6 weapon spec+4 essence, x3=117? blam)
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:04 pm

One Two Three Five wrote:25 BaB+1 prowess+1 WM+13 str+5 weapon+2 fighter bonus+3 weapon foci= 50 AB? Someone check my math and add missing stuff. Your weapon is effectively +7 vs DR, which while probably useless is exceedingly dope.
Where are you getting a +2 fighter bonus from? Fighters get bonuses to weapons at 23/25/30.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:13 pm

Hell, you're right. I got the str/dex bonus and the attack bonus on the chart mixed up some darn how. So 48.
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:59 pm

This short answer is, no, it's too hamstrung by light hammer's bad base stats. Use a warhammer if you wanna go for cool hammer aesthetic.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Improv

Post by Improv » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:16 am

Rosvopipo wrote:Im thinking about svirfneblin WM, should i focus on light hammer because of the Svirfneblin rune hammer? Is it that good or just forget it? :O
Keep in mind you would also need a svirf cleric to forge it for you and that is not exactly a heavily played race/class combo. There are one or two now and may be more some day but I wouldn't count on getting it made by someone else without significant effort and possibly a long wait.

I'd guess though if you really want to use that weapon make a cleric/fighter so you can make your own.

Ironfoot

Post by Ironfoot » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:31 am

Cheers m8, no matter what people say belive me that light hammer is best weapon one can forge on arelith and play with in UD. There is already WM kensai svirf in game and he can help you with tips-he is a beast, as to forge weapon there are two active clerics who forge it for others as one of them i tend to keep that PC just for reason of hammers. Even as svirfneblins are not tied group there is svirf rp and players are most helpfull and well organised for new players. If any questions about it anyone can pm me.