Alchemy!

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Rosvopipo

Alchemy!

Post by Rosvopipo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:00 pm

Hey.

I want to be an alchemist. I just need help how to spread my crafting points. How much in alchemy and art crafting? Do i need to take few levels in forging? And what order should i take these?

Thanks!

Baron Saturday

Re: Alchemy!

Post by Baron Saturday » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:26 pm

Nothing in alchemy has a DC over 24, so you really just need 22 points in it. You only need 1 point in art crafting initially, which I'd take ASAP, and 20 points eventually so that you can cut all the gems. You'll want 12 points in forging to be able to craft all the ingots you'll need, but that can wait until you've mastered alchemy and art crafting, since ingots of brass/silver/gold aren't THAT expensive or hard to come by. After that you've got 6 more skill points to play with, or 16 if you took gift of crafting (definitely take gift of crafting, it's amazingly useful).

Few ways to use these extra points:
(No Gift of Crafting :cry: )
- Increase forging to be able to make ALL the ingots and be able to repair your own stuff.
(With Gift of Crafting :D )
- Increase forging to 20 and art crafting to 22 to be able to make ALL the golem parts and also the enchanted jewelry box.
- All 16 into Herbalism so that you have at least a chance of being able to make mojo (DC 22), which is needed for potions of attunement.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Rosvopipo

Re: Alchemy!

Post by Rosvopipo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Thanks! Yeah im going to take gift of crafting, indeed.