Two-handed divine might interaction

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Lurch

Two-handed divine might interaction

Post by Lurch » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:08 pm

I posed this question already in an another thread, but decided to make a separate topic for better visibility and to avoid derailing the original topic.

In the feat changes section of the Arelith wiki, it states the following:

"Divine Might/Divine Shield: If the character is either a paladin or a blackguard, damage granted by divine might is multiplied by 1.5 when using a two-handed weapon. Using these feats before their duration expires will refresh them."

Am I correct in assuming that this works for double-sided weapons as well as traditional two-handed ones, for example with a quarterstaff? If so, it would be a great boon for those builds, especially against foes immune to sneak attacks.

Moreover, does this bonus extend to ranged weapons as well, like longbows (like normal divine might does)? Ranged builds are typically even more starved for meaningful damage so this could be especially beneficial for them as well, particularly since they usually don't have as many pressing feat choices to make and can rather easily substitute 2 feats for power attack and divine might.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Two-handed divine might interaction

Post by yellowcateyes » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:11 pm

It presently works on both double weapons and ranged weapons.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:12 pm

Is that the intended behaviour?

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:14 pm

For the former, yes. Interactions with ranged weapons may be changed in the future. But as noted, going Divine Might on a ranged character does have drawbacks.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.