Goblin Tribesman

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

bobosander12

Goblin Tribesman

Post by bobosander12 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:35 am

I have searched the entire web page for tribesman build, since I am not good making builds myself. So, I hereby need help to make an Goblin tribesman. You may wonder why I choose to be a goblin, well simply for the roleplaying sake. I think I’m going to go with using a club as a weapon, even IF it’s not the best weapon. I am prone to other weapons if I must, but rather not use swords. I hope some of your gentlemen of this forum can help a newcomer like me. Thank yu very muzh :mrgreen:

Lorkas

Re: Goblin Tribesman

Post by Lorkas » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:04 pm

The tribesman path is pretty subpar. You're not finding specific builds, because no one who is planning out a build to be powerful is using the path.

bobosander12

Post by bobosander12 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:27 pm

Lorkas wrote:The tribesman path is pretty subpar. You're not finding specific builds, because no one who is planning out a build to be powerful is using the path.
So should i just go for the normal barbaric build, looking kinda like this?
Two-Handed Barbarian

Recommended for intermediate players.

Spam that improved disarm as if your life depends on it, more often than not it will. A 2h barbarian deals a lot less damage than even a 1h weapon master, their leveling is hard to deal with if you're solo. Two-handed barbarians are mostly PvP characters, due to their single target higher damage and disabling(with improved disarm and 2h AB), they don't fare well against multiple high damage enemies.

Recommended abilities:
STR 17
DEX 8
CON 16
WIS 8
INT 14
CHA 8
(You get one spare ability point you can toy with)
Gifts: STR and CON. Third gift is optional.
Leveling: You need 21 CON before 21, so with 18 starting CON, you add 3 points into CON pre-epics, and 1 post epic, all other ability points go into STR, making it 22 STR and CON.
Recommended Weapon: Most martial 2h weapons will do just fine.

1 Barb - Weapon Focus
2 Barb
3 Barb - Toughness
4 Barb
5 Barb
6 Barb - Disarm
7 Barb
8 Barb
9 Barb - Improved Disarm
10 Barb
11 Barb
12 Barb - Improved Critical/Blind Fight/Knockdown
13 Barb -
14 Barb
15 Barb - Improved Critical/Blind Fight/Knockdown
16 Barb
17 Barb
18 Barb - Improved Critical/Blind Fight/Knockdown
19 Barb
20 Barb
21 Fighter - EDR1, EDR2
22 Fighter - EDR3
23 Fighter
24 Fighter - Epic Weapon Focus, Weapon Spec
25 Rogue
26 Rogue
27 Rogue - Epic Discipline OR Epic Prowess
28 Fighter
29 Fighter - Epic Weapon Spec
30 Barbarian - Terrifying Rage OR Epic Discipline OR Epic Prowess

Credits to: Cortex

Mirw
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Mirw » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:05 pm

i made mine pure lvl 30 tribal path for dmg reduction, which worked very fine aginst PvE, but dont expect to making mayhem in pvp, especially the tribals are broken for their epic weapon feats.
the flaws were signed to the Team in various times for over year and a half now, so maybe when you get there lvl 30 it wil be fixed.

The tribals tho level compare your barb levels, so its kinda useless to take any other class levels. (rogue perhaps? :DDDD )
"Burn Them All!"
Plays as Ret, the pyromaniac tribal wargob

bobosander12

Post by bobosander12 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:23 pm

Mirw wrote:i made mine pure lvl 30 tribal path for dmg reduction, which worked very fine aginst PvE, but dont expect to making mayhem in pvp, especially the tribals are broken for their epic weapon feats.
the flaws were signed to the Team in various times for over year and a half now, so maybe when you get there lvl 30 it wil be fixed.

The tribals tho level compare your barb levels, so its kinda useless to take any other class levels. (rogue perhaps? :DDDD )
See away from combining the character levels with fighter, would the first barbarian levels make sense? Is that build viable? And can i use a club?
Thanks for responding by the way, it helps alot :mrgreen:

Edit: Perhaps you can send me a build yourself?

bobosander12

Post by bobosander12 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Alright i have been more wise about this idea, and rather stick with an Kensai. Having a tribe goblin can be abit overwelming, and a mess with the RP experience. I rather just join an goblin army, and be a Kensai Barbarian.

The post that i just found
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14128&p=117952#p117952

I'll maybe keep this one open, for others who might get the idea. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Have you seen this update? viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25&p=119239&hilit= ... an#p119239

I play a pure barbarian and he got very powerful. 3 x dmg resist and 2 rage feats (thundering and terrifying) is great.

Kensai is perfect for a pure build since you only can use potions and such anyways.

And look at the special goblin light flail if you want to go goblin ;) (close to a club)

(And I dont know if you need disarm...)
Last edited by nobs3 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hexgoblin

Post by Hexgoblin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:59 pm

If running the listed build above for the tribal path, I'd use a onehander/shield and skip disarm/imp disarm for expertise/imp expertise. Potentially regular expertise and exotic weapon proficiency to use a katana, which small races(such as goblins) can use along with a shield on Arelith. Thusly netting you a 1d10 19-20/x2 weapon and shielded AC all together.

The levelspread looks good, and I'd favor it above going pure, even on a tribal. Realistically, the most important levels for the summons, since they're using class levels, will be 1-20, since they translate directly to one point of BAB per level. So if I did a tribal barb, I'd likely settle for 21 or 23 barbarian levels, depending on whether I run 4 or 6 fighter - as the levels post-20 garner a lesser benefit for the summons.

What I mean by this is that pre-20, each class level(the tribal summons are barbarians) is 1 BAB. Post-20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29 are BAB increasing levels, gaining you a maximum total of +5 for all 10 epic levels. Hence, if reaching a total of 21 or 23 barbarian tribal levels, I'd rather branch out into making my actual player character stronger through multiclassing, since each point of summon progression becomes a very big level investment.

What this allows you to do playstyle-wise is advancing ahead of your summons with expertise active, engaging the enemy, then sending your summons in on your current target using Arelith's Player Tool 1 which gains you control of your summons, making them damage support while you, who can take far more punishment than the summons serve as tank.

If not doing the tribal path, I'd still always recommend 4-6 levels of fighter on a barbarian build, as the bonus feats really are invaluable for fitting EDR3, and epic weapon specialization is a big deal damagewise. There's really no downside to getting 6 levels of fighter, even on a kensai barbarian. 24/6 fits all three epic rage modes(if half orc or dwarf), two on other races, EDR3 and epic weapon specialization.