Question about auto quicken feats

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Lurch

Question about auto quicken feats

Post by Lurch » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:55 am

So it turns out I'd rather not play in the underdark, unless I get to be a slave, and want to create a Harper.

Concerning Harper Mages and their auto-quicken spell I feat, does anyone know if it is necessary to get the normal quicken spell metamagic feat in order to take auto-quicken II and III in epic levels? Harpers are rather thin on feats already and I'd prefer not waste a pre-epic one if I don't have to. Also, I don't imagine harpers having any race restrictions, like dwarves, assuming I have a fitting enough background in mind.

Commissar

Re: Question about auto quicken feats

Post by Commissar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:29 am

You do have to have regular quicken to take the other autoquicken feats. There are no get out of jail free cards, alas. As for the harpers, there are no race restrictions; though, it's always a good idea to run it past the DMs early on if your concept is particularly outlandish.
May you live in interesting times.
Manticore, on Sun Elves wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure the racism is like a mating ritual or something. Like plumes on birds.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:08 pm

Lurch wrote:So it turns out I'd rather not play in the underdark, unless I get to be a slave, and want to create a Harper..
I played a Harper Slave in the Underdark. Follow your dreams bro

Lurch

Post by Lurch » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:44 pm

I didn't know that was even possible. Well the cat would definitely be out of the bag now, and I don't see a non-covert, diplomacy focused Harper working out in the Underdark.

I get that people aren't supposed to metagame that sort of information, but still it would feel silly for me for some reason.