Development Timeline for Class Mechanics

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Seven Sons of Sin

Re: Development Timeline for Class Mechanics

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:48 pm

miesny_jez wrote:I think it would be actually better to have this thread deleted and redone to something rather akin to this:

[Development Thread]
(General info of this thread, for information purposes only)
[Contributor A post]
Works on:
A
B
C
[Contributor B post]
Works on:
A
B
C

Thread Locked.

Devs allowed to Edit their posts to update status on what they work on.

This way we would have an informational thread ready for immediate glance and information for the players, while the discussions would still be continued in Feedback/Suggestions. Otherwise we risk this thread will blow up into 20 pages long.. obscuring any actual information

Moderator thoughts?
This is what I wanted to see, to be honest!
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:43 pm

+1

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:53 pm

I will be trying to amend the original post as updates get released, and quasi-reflect some of the aforementioned plans for class changes.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Paladin is done.

Dragonshape steps up to the chopping block.
:)

Smelyansky

Post by Smelyansky » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:19 pm

How drastic will the ds change be? I'm leveling a druid at the moment and I do not want to waste a feat. Any ideas you can share?

Commie

Post by Commie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:56 pm

Smelyansky wrote:How drastic will the ds change be? I'm leveling a druid at the moment and I do not want to waste a feat. Any ideas you can share?
well it requires so much wisdom you generally don't pick it up with 'a' feat.

Smelyansky

Post by Smelyansky » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:27 pm

Commie wrote:
Smelyansky wrote:How drastic will the ds change be? I'm leveling a druid at the moment and I do not want to waste a feat. Any ideas you can share?
well it requires so much wisdom you generally don't pick it up with 'a' feat.
That is true. Still, I feel like if you're investing all those epic feats in wisdom just to get ds then it should not be justifyable to gut it.

Commie

Post by Commie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:46 pm

We'll have to see. It's a little worrysome to have a build totally reliant on taking 4 or 5 epic feats and know big (even when needed) changes are coming to it.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:15 pm

The requirements are being lowered to 25 WIS, that's all I'll say on the matter.
:)

Commie

Post by Commie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:49 pm

That's a big change for building!

Thanks for the heads up!

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:53 am

Updated.
Previous:

miesny_jez

Post by miesny_jez » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:11 am

Please add Invisibility Bug investigation for my task list below the golems.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:09 pm

The permanent True Seeing of the Bat totem is under review. If you were considering picking up the Bat Totem for that perk, you may wish to hold off for details or consider a different totem.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Skeletor » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:31 am

[desire to know more about shadow mage intensifies]

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:39 am

Skeletor wrote:[desire to know more about shadow mage intensifies]
I second this. :-)

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

I_Am_King_Midas
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by I_Am_King_Midas » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Could monks see some potential changes in the future? They have never been a really strong class but seem like they have lots~ of really cool potential.
Last character: Vahrix Amolyn

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Monks are pretty good as is.

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:57 pm

Jeloran wrote:Could monks see some potential changes in the future? They have never been a really strong class but seem like they have lots~ of really cool potential.
On the contrary; Monks presently are at a point where, unless someone playing them decides to lose (IE, via comitting to a fight he can't win), only dies via unlucky die rolls. Monks are extremely strong.

Now, granted, they are a pain in the butt to level and need to be looked at to be less irritating, but they're not weak by any stretch.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

I_Am_King_Midas
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by I_Am_King_Midas » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:16 am

Hunter548 wrote:
Jeloran wrote:Could monks see some potential changes in the future? They have never been a really strong class but seem like they have lots~ of really cool potential.
On the contrary; Monks presently are at a point where, unless someone playing them decides to lose (IE, via comitting to a fight he can't win), only dies via unlucky die rolls. Monks are extremely strong.

Now, granted, they are a pain in the butt to level and need to be looked at to be less irritating, but they're not weak by any stretch.
They can always run away but they are not the most powerful. Especially monks using unarmed strikes.
Last character: Vahrix Amolyn

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Irongron has made an important announcement here concerning EE. As can be expected, the transition will draw the majority of the staff's attention and energy.

Beyond EE, the server's witnessed a rapid series of significant class changes and rebalance decisions lately. Too much change too often can be a bad thing in and of itself, so expect such updates to slow down significantly in the near to mid future.

We will still be fixing bugs, addressing exploits, and implementing planned adjustments to experimental paths. Otherwise, however, core class and path mechanics should remain stable for some time.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

telmarael

Post by telmarael » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:28 am

yellowcateyes wrote:Irongron has made an important announcement here concerning EE. As can be expected, the transition will draw the majority of the staff's attention and energy.

Beyond EE, the server's witnessed a rapid series of significant class changes and rebalance decisions lately. Too much change too often can be a bad thing in and of itself, so expect such updates to slow down significantly in the near to mid future.

We will still be fixing bugs, addressing exploits, and implementing planned adjustments to experimental paths. Otherwise, however, core class and path mechanics should remain stable for some time.
So, the necromancy changes announced last summer are not going to be implemented any time soon? Just to make sure
- "I would rather not touch this shiny pile of gold", said her conscience
*sounds of explosion*

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Post by Dalenger » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:08 am

Quick question: Given that there is a Lesser Moon Blade in the crafting matrix, are there any plans to one day make a Moon Blade or Greater Moon Blade?
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.

Bryce Silver-Wind

Post by Bryce Silver-Wind » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:45 am

Dalenger wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:08 am
Quick question: Given that there is a Lesser Moon Blade in the crafting matrix, are there any plans to one day make a Moon Blade or Greater Moon Blade?
Honestly, I really hope not, the Moonblade is a sacred relic of Evermeet, basically even forbidden to remove from Evermeet, the factor a lesser exists off Evermeet is basically sacrilegious to elves, nevermind that non elves do use them, and the very real fact that Real Moonblades are actually Sentient.

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:04 pm

I think it was stated somewhere that for the above reasons we will only ever see the lesser Moonblade on Arelith.

Dalenger
Location: 422nd layer of the abyss, sacraficing some poor sap to Yeenoghu

Post by Dalenger » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:11 am

Bryce Silver-Wind wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:45 am
Dalenger wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:08 am
Honestly, I really hope not, the Moonblade is a sacred relic of Evermeet, basically even forbidden to remove from Evermeet, the factor a lesser exists off Evermeet is basically sacrilegious to elves, nevermind that non elves do use them, and the very real fact that Real Moonblades are actually Sentient.
Oh, cool. I legit didn't know the lore. Thanks.
DM Void wrote: Don't be a salty idiot and everything will be fine.