A wrestler

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Tyrantos

A wrestler

Post by Tyrantos » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:27 pm

This is gonna be a very wierd request. But what kind of build would you suggest for one that would emulate a wrestler (Aka a performance fighter) in arelith? I was thinking something like monk/bard. But perhaps something else would be fitting?

Ozzy.nl

Re: A wrestler

Post by Ozzy.nl » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:32 pm

Make it a Monk/bard who is fat and you got a sumo wrestler :D :D :D

Tyrantos

Post by Tyrantos » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:36 pm

Maybe! But in all seriousness, I know this will never be the most optimal build. I am merely looking for suggestions on how you'd think it would be done. Consider it an experiment, of sorts if you like. Considering going either Half orc or Human for it. Half orc, just for the bulkyness, and human for.. well. Humans are pretty great, when it comes to building a charather.

Ambigue

Post by Ambigue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:07 pm

Wrestler sounds like a skill-based fighter who goes bare-handed, or uses a novelty item to bash at his foes.

Since you don't get folding chairs on Arelith as weapons, you might consider a club set to look like a herring.

I'd go con-based and invest heavily in parry. You'll want to fight smart, so knock down, IE, and the like might be good choices.

Also: *Incredi-flexes* and activate bard song. Pump that crowd.

Tyrantos

Post by Tyrantos » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:19 pm

Fighter might be more fitting. And perhaps using a stick or the like.. Or a club, as you say as a weapon. And I had the same idea. Parrying, sounds like the way to go here.