Harper Scout and Summon Progression

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Harper Scout and Summon Progression

Post by Wytchee » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:36 pm

Simple question, but I'd like to be sure. Does the CL granted by Harper Mage/Priest, etc contribute to epic summon scaling? I.E. would a level 25 cleric/5 harper priest have a CL 30 water elemental or a CL 25 water elemental? Thanks.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Harper Scout and Summon Progression

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:12 pm

According to the wiki and as I understand the class Harper Priest gives you +1 to your divine caster level per Harper Priest level. For a cleric 25/HS(P)5 you should thus have a 30 CL for all your spells, because they're all divine.

If this isn't the case, I'd report it as a bug.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:20 pm

TYVM.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:13 pm

It does, I asked Pepper this question when they released the Summons update and she confirmed that it counts. So a 25 cleric 5 Harper priest would get a caster level 30 summon.
Anything that gives CL counts for summons, so the same goes for Pale Master for example.

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Does the Divine CL bonus add to Ranger and Paladin levels, too? If you have a Ranger10/Paladin15/Harper Priest5, would you effectively have Ranger15 and Paladin20 spells and spell effects?

I assume the other harper classes' CL bonuses only add to arcane CL but function similarly as sketched above?
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Orian_666 wrote:It does, I asked Pepper this question when they released the Summons update and she confirmed that it counts.
she

hehe
:)

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:59 pm

peppermint is a cute girl who loves me and i refuse to accept any alternative facts anyone might have to the contrary

RamblerTeo

Post by RamblerTeo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:20 pm

gilescorey wrote:peppermint is a cute girl who loves me and i refuse to accept any alternative facts anyone might have to the contrary
cj is a cute dark skinned anime girl who loves me and i refuse to accept any alternative facts anyone might have to the contrary

Astral

Post by Astral » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Opustus wrote:Does the Divine CL bonus add to Ranger and Paladin levels, too? If you have a Ranger10/Paladin15/Harper Priest5, would you effectively have Ranger15 and Paladin20 spells and spell effects?

I assume the other harper classes' CL bonuses only add to arcane CL but function similarly as sketched above?
Harper classes give CL not to a certain class but to certain spell casting. So harper path that gives CL to "all divine casting" will effect ranger, paladin, druid, cleric and favorued soul if you already have one.
Currently playing: Seth Xylo

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Opustus wrote:Does the Divine CL bonus add to Ranger and Paladin levels, too? If you have a Ranger10/Paladin15/Harper Priest5, would you effectively have Ranger15 and Paladin20 spells and spell effects?

Paragon adds to all caster level classes, effectively making it a 5 level mystic theurge dip- bonus points if you do it as a charisma-based caster, since you get free shield and grace.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:05 am

gilescorey wrote:peppermint is a cute girl who loves me and i refuse to accept any alternative facts anyone might have to the contrary
I'm a gender dysphoric male. Thank god we cleared up that mystery.

I don't mind being called "she", though you might be pretty disappointed if you met me.

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:26 am

cj never calls me a cute girl........

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:37 pm

Aelryn Bloodmoon wrote:

Paragon adds to all caster level classes, effectively making it a 5 level mystic theurge dip- bonus points if you do it as a charisma-based caster, since you get free shield and grace.
w00t, Sorcy/Cleric/Paragon, here I come!
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:20 pm

susitsu wrote:cj never calls me a cute girl........
mad?

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:51 pm

gilescorey wrote:
susitsu wrote:cj never calls me a cute girl........
mad?
YEAH