-project_image

Discussions related to character builds and mechanics may occur here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Griefmaker

Re: -project_image

Post by Griefmaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:05 pm

If the image could have the controllability of a familiar, it would be almost perfect then.

You could speak and more importantly hear while the caster is elsewhere, better movement control, etc. It is a cool concept and I have enjoyed some of the potential it has, but there is far more potential it could have with that change.

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:32 pm

Griefmaker wrote:If the image could have the controllability of a familiar, it would be almost perfect then.

You could speak and more importantly hear while the caster is elsewhere, better movement control, etc. It is a cool concept and I have enjoyed some of the potential it has, but there is far more potential it could have with that change.
Familiar like control is not possible until a solution is found for character corruption problems. IE, if the server crashes while you're possessing the clone, your character gets corrupted.
:)

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:58 am

Cortex wrote:
Griefmaker wrote:If the image could have the controllability of a familiar, it would be almost perfect then.

Familiar like control is not possible until a solution is found for character corruption problems. IE, if the server crashes while you're possessing the clone, your character gets corrupted.
Ah, I did not know about that. Yeah...that sort of sucks. Does this happen with the familiar too then? Or just potentially with a "clone"?

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:42 am

Anything non-familiar that you possess.

Though I suppose one could work around this by reskinning the mage's actual familiar, this would only work for mages.