Cleric

Moderators: Manual Editors, Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Liareth
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Cleric

Post by Liareth » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:49 pm

Clerics on Arelith gain access to a bonus language depending on their alignment. Good clerics speak celestial (-ce), lawful evil clerics speak infernal (-in), and neutral evil or chaotic evil clerics speak abyssal (-ab).

One path is available to new cleric characters: Healer.

A cleric must respect the alignment restrictions of their deity. A cleric that worships no deity may not cast spells above level 6.

Cleric spells of level 7 and above require piety to cast, according to the table below.

Level -- Piety
7 -- 1%
8 -- 2%
9 -- 3%
Epic -- 5%

See also:
Feats (for changes to spell focus feats)
Paths
Spells

Lorkas

Re: Cleric

Post by Lorkas » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:37 pm

Updated

Rags
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rags » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Would be good for the changes to the death and healing domains to be listed here as well.

Drow4d20

Post by Drow4d20 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:35 pm

I play a Death domain Cleric.

I wanted to go ESF: Illusion to hopefully bolster it and summon multiple copies.

Are death domain clerics ever going to be able to have Spell Focus: Illusion affect their shadow summon? I would trade that for SF: Necromancy in a heartbeat. I took the domain for the shadow summon, but it just dies upon entering battle and may as well be taken out of the build.

The shadow copy spell ESF: Illusion unlocks sounds really cool! But it's almost pointless for a cleric to take instead of Necromancy and Abjuration. Unless it too affected the shadow conjured by the cleric just like the wizard. Then I would ditch necromancy all together. Or I would have just taken a different domain...

Jack Oat

Post by Jack Oat » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:53 pm

This is a question better brought up in Builds & Mechanics, or Questions & Answers. These threads are for class change notes/announcements.

Drow4d20

Post by Drow4d20 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:42 am

Sorry.