take away permanent citizenship

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Swirling Stars

take away permanent citizenship

Post by Swirling Stars » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:53 am

I was told earlier today' that you could redact your citizenship to a town and it would only penalize you by not being able to vote in any other settlement for a year. Which is fair. And sounds great. However upon trying to go to Richards, to my dismay, I found this to be untrue. So here I am, suggesting the permanent residency be redacted as it, literally in my experience at the moment, is stonewalling me from rp In any other settlement whilst being a citizen of a settlement that I'm
Likely exiled from. I don't really see how this system contributes to rp in anyway.
Also as per my experience exiling people during a war with other settlements does not seem like a very good mechanic as it too does not contribute to rp be it hostile or not. You are not allowed to exile someone without rp, so why is there a mechanic that does exactly that to players who may not have anything to do with said war? And with the permanent residency this kind of just adds to the problem.

Food for thought.
"he gotted his scimater ready to do the smite. he stood up and praysed to worm to make strong and torm say 'okay Hal Whitestriker now you are stronger :^)'" - Heavy Breathing
10/10

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Re: take away permanent citizenship

Post by Liareth » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:49 am

This is going to be a thing but isn't a thing yet. See viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6115&start=50#p50136.