Turn Spawn Timers into XP/Loot timers

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Turn Spawn Timers into XP/Loot timers

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:55 pm

I understand and support that circle grinding is not something the Devs want to encourage for balance and game-play reasons.

Would it be possible to change the timer so that instead of a group of monsters no longer spawning, they continue to spawn but the player gets no XP from further kills from that spawn until the timer resets?

I would also be okay with it meaning that you cannot gain loot from those spawns (I imagine this part might be a little trickier, though?)

The end goal is to not have to leave a zone you're RP'ing in (because if someone else comes in and wants to hunt, they can't while you're there, so you aren't "being nice").

As a bonus, it means there's less risk of unforeseen circumstances preventing an area from spawning anything for anyone, which as I understand it is currently an issue that's popping up here and there.

From a game-design perspective, I believe this solves circle-grinding in its entirety while still leaving interactive RP options open for the sake of RP rather than phat loot and xps.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002