Several Suggestions

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Several Suggestions

Post by Shadowy Reality » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Most of these are mechanical tweaks taken from my experience playing the new Barbarians.

1) Scale the bonus over the levels. There is few to no incentive to take more than 3 Barbarian levels, and absolutely nothing to go over 20. Scale the temporary HP gain with Barbarian levels, not total HP. There should be an inentive to go Barbarian 30, like there is for Fighter 30 and Warlock 30.

2) Make their Biteback pierce DR equal to their weapon. Anyone with Ethereal Visage will become immune to this damage (namely, WM/rogue variants). Anyone with Ghostly Visage will cut a big chunk of this damage as well. Stoneskin and Premonition are alright, they only absorb a certain amount of damage, these absorb it all, for their durtion.

3) Make a Console command to enable rage immediately, much like -polymorph. I've had an instance where I was attacked, I pressed Rage and then I stood there, nearly 2 rounds waiting for it to go off, all while being attacked. When it did go off, I had to flee, because it was no longer relevant.

4) Seriously consider disabling one of the WM critical related feats. They outperform, by a lot, every other mundane melee class. It's hard to compete with someone with 12-20 x3, doing about ~85 Damage every two attacks. Forces people to go Palemaster or WM themselves if they want to stand a chance in melee.

5) Change the damage increase bonus of 1-handed and 2-handed weapons (masterly and non masterly). Give an incentive to people giving up the shield slot (which could be as strong as an artifact).