Mining with Summons

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Kinsara

Mining with Summons

Post by Kinsara » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:02 pm

Mages in general have fire spells, which is nice because fire and cold can work for mining. However, even casting Flame Arrow at lvl 30 on a rock can be impractical for classes such as wizards, or for builds who focus on non-combat Magic. My suggestion is to allow summons and familiars (which generally have better STR and physical damage than their caster) to bash rocks and trees, thus mining for their master. This is easier than it seems, as when attempting to open a locked container, the summon will automatically begin attacking the container and attempting to bash it. By "locking" ores and trees, it becomes possible to make summons attack them.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Mining with Summons

Post by Mithreas » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:33 am

OK, I -think- I have just implemented this (without the need for the locking workaround). But we'll see if it works (after next reset).
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.