Crafting Points Pool Refresh

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Crafting Points Pool Refresh

Post by The Kriv » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:15 pm

More of a wish than a suggestion... but here it is:

I'd like to offer that the 'refresh' time for the crafting pool (the time it takes for your crafting points to return) be changed in how it is calculated.

Instead of full-restore of your crafting points after a full 24 hrs, you get 50% of your total restored after 12 hours.

In the end, this ultimately is the same. But for folk who are working on crafting projects that have REALLY high points... but maybe only a limited time to play, being able to get SOME more progress than the one crafting time would REALLY REALLY help.

Currently 24 hours of game-time = 2 hrs 24 minutes.

If I have only a few hours out of my day to log in... lets say, 3 hours in the evening on a work/school night... and I am working on a big crafting recipe.. I absolutely have to get that progress done RIGHT away if I have any hope to get a 2nd crafting pass on it before my game time ends. And if I end up getting pulled into RP right when I log in, I am less likely to say, "hey, hold on, I need to find an anvil" since I will know that when I "do" find that anvil, and spend my 50 crafting points, I'll be able to at least get 25 more after 1-hr & 12 min.

Not to mention, being able to have 25 points available to make small crafting bits or to help others with gear-repairs, etc.. that don't require the full 50 points, but having SOME points back after an hour would be a huge quality of life change.
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Crafting Points Pool Refresh

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:25 pm

Honestly I think just a gradual refresh over the course of the day is the way to go here. Having to wait 2h 20mins before suddenly be able to work again has always been a painful experience.

Approved.

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Crafting Points Pool Refresh

Post by LittleWeasel » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:42 pm

Done.
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*