Deity Racial Restrictions: Ditch them!

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Red Ropes

Deity Racial Restrictions: Ditch them!

Post by Red Ropes » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:13 am

As per this ongoing bug thread, which documents a bug that has been this way for a long portion of Arelith's history: why not...

ditch it!

1) ...because thats not quite how it works in FR, and unless explicitly stated in their lore, deities generally do not care who their followers are, and even priests might be possible. Players themselves can determine whether or not they would accept on an individual basis a human cleric of Corellon or other gods, the gods, however usually do not mess with their people beyond this.

2) This particular bug only happens to these specific types of deities.

3) Some deities have these restrictions when they explicitly should not - like Bahamut and Tiamat, who are largely human deities in FR and yet they are restricted to reptilian (yes, dragons pay them heed or envy them but they are HUMAN, FAERUNIAN, deities for the most part in this setting). The Seelie Court deities, especially with the departure of fey, should be open to everyone as they are revered by many races and are essentially an extension of the elven pantheon more or less.

It might not be so simple as removing the check, but, I hope it is. It'd make things 100% more fun. I guess the "gift of exception" would become less viable but honestly its mostly a joke and actually also flies in the face of FR lore because it allows you to make CE priests of LG deities and stuff, from what I recall. I'd just ditch this gift with it and make whoever took it a legacy.
🤡

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Deity Racial Restrictions: Ditch them!

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:49 pm

I don't want to ditch them entirely, but you've raised some instances where they not apply.

Will move this to approved, on the understanding it will be a review, not a blanket removal.

Irongron

Re: Deity Racial Restrictions: Ditch them!

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:10 pm

- Racial requirements now removed for the following: Corellon Larethian, Garl Glittergold, Moradin, Yondalla, Gruumsh, Titania, Bahamut, Tiamat

Completed.