War / Destruction Aspect for Paladins/Cot/BG/HP

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Red Ropes

War / Destruction Aspect for Paladins/Cot/BG/HP

Post by Red Ropes » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:49 pm

Could Paladins, CoT, Harper Paragon and BG get the War and Destruction aspect added to their piety gain? Many deities who support militant orders, and deities who probably should have War and Destruction but do not because we currently have a binary system sort of get shafted because they can't get piety in their devotions.

For instance a paladin of Siamorphe is going to be spending a lot of time on his knees, despite such an entity likely being an active force in protecting the good aspects of Divine Right among the people. Or a Chauntea paladin stuck with Hearth and Home and Nature, being unable to get piety for extinguishing the blighting evil of the land. Even though these gods do not have particular war ethos - their paladins DO, their militant servants do.

Divine Champions in PnP can actually be zealots who do not even have the same alignment grouping as their deity. They're essentially the 'crusader' package of 2e and I think would gain from this.

Harper Paragon are a diet paladin and the gods who support the harpers will likely not frown on them slapping the cruel, tyrannical, and careless about.

Blackguards though often self serving can end up serving deities like Shar or the Queen of Air and Darkness who for whatever mad reason do not have War and Destruction.

I just think it'd give some nice recognition of their role, and it might give some people three aspects. But at the same time that's not really OP and it'd just make the piety grind less of a 'haha sit on your knees for piety', and more of a GO OUT AND DO MY BIDDING!
🤡

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: War / Destruction Aspect for Paladins/Cot/BG/HP

Post by Irongron » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:23 pm

I had exactly this problem when playing a Paladin of Siamorphe.

I don't like giving them an extra domain though. I think we'll instead do what we just did with clerics (give them an automatic piety gain each tick)

Approved (For the above alteration)

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: War / Destruction Aspect for Paladins/Cot/BG/HP

Post by MalKalz » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:03 am

Completed.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.